09-18-2003, 01:57 PM
Got:

olk.com
Protection.net (to bad it wasnt .com)
giftquiz.com
happysexlife.com
semester.com

thoose are the ones i got...
Protection.net is good, thought of using it for some kind of simpel virus - webpage

virus.protection.net :-)

regards johan

Chris
09-18-2003, 02:41 PM
semester.com is good too

Johan H
09-18-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Chris
semester.com is good too

Semester means vacation in swedish, not to sure what it means in english.

Hey Chris, what do you think about theese 2?

http://project.subfloor5.com/globaltime

http://project.subfloor5.com/dictionaries

Chris
09-18-2003, 02:59 PM
Semester is one half of the school year in English.

In college you have a fall semester, a spring semester, and sometimes a summer semester.

It'd be good for a college site.

Both of those sites seem like useful ideas.

Johan H
09-18-2003, 03:02 PM
Semester is one half of the school year in English.

In college you have a fall semester, a spring semester, and sometimes a summer semester.

It'd be good for a college site.

Both of those sites seem like useful ideas.

Thanks Chris.
I just looked the word up.

Globaltime.com is good, my brother will just add all the big cities world around on sunday and we will together on monday add 10 different languages on dictionaries.com with a lot of dictionaries link in it ofcourse....good thing with theese 2 sites is ... i dont have to do a jack **** with upgrades....

well ofcourse, dictionaries.com will never be completed since i can add new language and new links all the time.. :)

But i like protection.net, theese days people are afraid of viruses...a viruse site would be good.
31 million hits on the word "protection". :)

Kyle
09-18-2003, 03:30 PM
Hey, you should put those domains online somewhere with a simple counter. I'm sure some of those get decent type-in traffic. Maybe you could make a decision on which one to develop after looking at how much traffic they receive?

Johan H
09-18-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by icebane
Hey, you should put those domains online somewhere with a simple counter. I'm sure some of those get decent type-in traffic. Maybe you could make a decision on which one to develop after looking at how much traffic they receive?

I am, but i bought them today. So on monday ill have them... =)

Know a good program to see visitors on a webpage?

Chris
09-18-2003, 04:06 PM
I use axs

http://www.xav.com/scripts/axs/

Johan H
09-18-2003, 04:10 PM
I use axs

http://www.xav.com/scripts/axs/

Cool, i was affraid someone would reply with a third party program that i just link to my webpage.

I REFUSE to use that :-)

Chris
09-18-2003, 04:23 PM
Ya -- remotely hosted services are the bottom of the barrel as far as traffic analysis goes.

Johan H
09-18-2003, 04:24 PM
Ya -- remotely hosted services are the bottom of the barrel as far as traffic analysis goes.

Leaving for bed, anyway, good forum Chris.
Rather hang out here then sitepoint :-)

night :D

chromate
09-19-2003, 06:39 AM
Yeah, love protection.net ... Nice one! How on earth did you manage to scoup that one?!

Though its greatest weakness is also its greatest strength. "Protection" is so generic and could apply to anything, so as far as the site name goes it's a bit dis-joint. That's just a minor thing though. The best thing is that you can do almost anything with it... virus, hacking, spyware, firewalls, spam-killers. Or even take a more human aproach with, personal protection, house protection, insurance. All good stuff!

Johan H
09-20-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by chromate
Yeah, love protection.net ... Nice one! How on earth did you manage to scoup that one?!

Though its greatest weakness is also its greatest strength. "Protection" is so generic and could apply to anything, so as far as the site name goes it's a bit dis-joint. That's just a minor thing though. The best thing is that you can do almost anything with it... virus, hacking, spyware, firewalls, spam-killers. Or even take a more human aproach with, personal protection, house protection, insurance. All good stuff!

A IT company owned it, but they went backrupcety (sorry dont know how to spell it) so i bought a few domains pretty cheap.

To bad i wasnt faster, they had phonenumbers.net ;(

chromate
09-20-2003, 11:50 AM
Damn! That's a shame. Do you mind me asking how much protection.net cost you? You can PM me if you like. Just interested, that's all.

Mike
09-20-2003, 12:04 PM
You could sell that and make a ton:) Then again, it would probably be better to use it in the long run.

Johan H
09-20-2003, 12:59 PM
Damn! That's a shame. Do you mind me asking how much protection.net cost you? You can PM me if you like. Just interested, that's all.

Protection.net, semester.com and olk.com cost me 1k dollar together.

I got happysexlife.com and giftquiz.com as a "throw in", not sure what to say about it...but i said, if im going to buy those 3 domains, i want theese 2 for free!

chromate
09-20-2003, 01:04 PM
Wow. You really did get a good discount! That's an awsome price for all of them.

Johan H
09-20-2003, 01:20 PM
Wow. You really did get a good discount! That's an awsome price for all of them.

The lawyer´s who sold them to me didnt know much about internet domains.

I bought:
dictionaries.com
globaltime.com
sweden.org
sverige.org (thats sweden translated to swedish)

for a very good price too :))

chromate
09-20-2003, 01:22 PM
Jammy git! :D hehe

Johan H
09-20-2003, 01:26 PM
Jammy git! :D hehe

http://project.subfloor5.com/globaltime

http://project.subfloor5.com/dictionaries

there you can see 2 websites that are done..more on the way! :)
protection.net will be my next project!
:)

chromate
09-20-2003, 01:43 PM
Good work.

Mike
09-20-2003, 01:48 PM
It is, nice designs:)

Johan H
09-20-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Mike
It is, nice designs:)

Thanks you 2.
The idea is simpel;

1. a site that is running by itself is better then a site that needs to be updated by me..
2. EASY NAVIGATED!
3. information website that other can use...and i get links ;)

ive read through Chris articles like 10 times...a few things i need to change ofcourse, but i will do that tomorrow :)

google-friendly-pages :)

iKwak
09-29-2003, 08:20 PM
Those are awesome domains.

protection.net and I like dictionaries.com

wrigh_g
01-05-2004, 04:08 PM
I really like the world time one. It rocks!

H.Gustavsson
01-06-2004, 03:10 AM
Hey, a buddy from sweden! :)
Awesome domains! If only I knew a stupid lawer to ;)