PDA

View Full Version : Promoting a brand new site and link exchanges

ASP-Hosting.ca
11-18-2004, 07:54 AM
I have a brand new site with PR0 and no backlinks to it. I don't own many sites to link it from, so I'm going to do link exchanges, with sites on similar topics.

I wonder if it is a good idea to just ask for link exchanges even though the site's PR is 0, or is it better to link it from my own sites (a very limited number) and wait until it gets decent PR and then ask for link exchanges.

Do you send link exchange requests in the very beginning, if you don't have PR to throw around?

Peter

Blue Cat Buxton
11-18-2004, 09:30 AM
With G taking so long to add toolbar PR, there are lots of new sites with no PR showing so I would go for it - It can't hurt to ask (particularly where the sites are on topic) and if people say they will only link when you have PR then make a note and contact them again in a few months.

davesplace1
11-18-2004, 11:13 AM
I agree with Blue Cat Buxton that trades with on topic sites will be good for your new site. It takes a lot of time to set up link exchanges, but it is well worth the time in the long run.

Cutter
11-18-2004, 11:37 AM
Place higher priority on links from high quality relevant sites with your desired anchor text (one way is even better.) The one thing you may want to worry about is doing a link exchange withsome who is filtering his links page with robots.txt, or using some php method to obscure the link.

I've asked for links from pages when my sites have had 0 PR and I still get links. Thats what quality content does ;)

ozgression
11-18-2004, 03:06 PM
I would just link exchange with anyone who is willing. The must important thing is anchor text IMHO.

What is the url of the site? I may be interested in a link exchange with you.

Cheers...
________
Michael Ellis (designer) (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Michael_Ellis_(designer))

ASP-Hosting.ca
11-18-2004, 08:42 PM
I would just link exchange with anyone who is willing. The must important thing is anchor text IMHO.

What is the url of the site? I may be interested in a link exchange with you.

Cheers...

I'm working on several sites and once I'm done I'll send you the URLs and if you find something interesting we may exchange links.

Thanks,

Peter

moonshield
11-19-2004, 06:35 AM
to get a little PR, have absolutly no ads and then apply to DMOZ. The chance of being accepted seems to be a bit higher then.

MarkB
11-19-2004, 07:02 AM
Don't go thinking that every webmaster knows (or cares) about google PR. If you have a good site, people will want to exchange links. And if anyone refuses because you have no PR, then sod 'em!

moonshield
11-19-2004, 01:49 PM
sod 'em? explain.