PDA

View Full Version : Business names

Xander
11-17-2004, 08:45 AM
I'm interesed in how did you come up with your business name. I've seen a few catchy names but am battling to come up with something short but memorable(aren't we all).

Westech
11-17-2004, 08:59 AM
I agonized over mine forever and ended up with something pretty simple. My last name is West. My business is technology-related. Hence: Westech.

Something you may want to take into consideration is whether the domain for the name you choose is available.

Mike
11-17-2004, 09:05 AM
It took me ages to think of mine, I just kept looking on namecheap to see if domains made up of words with various combinations were available.

incka
11-17-2004, 09:28 AM
Check if these are avail and if not make some in the same format:

Renzo
Tucyo
Finbo
Valno

chromate
11-17-2004, 11:59 AM
I don't really have an official business name. But I do use chrosys as a trading name. It's a conjunction of my online name "chromate" and I wanted something generic so I used "systems". Only problem is that it doesn't really mean anything and people need it spelling out. Plus the "h" and the "y" echo each other, so it looks balanced as a word form.

If I were to actually form a limited company, then I would probably choose something a bit more meaningful that people could spell and remember easily. At the moment, I'm not bothered though :)

moonshield
11-17-2004, 02:47 PM
mine is my name and then "holdings". JDodge Holdings LLC.

AndyH
11-17-2004, 02:49 PM
HellBored Pty Ltd

Bought the domain first, and just thought it would be fitting for most of the websites I run.

moonshield
11-17-2004, 03:05 PM
Pty? Party?

AndyH
11-17-2004, 06:07 PM
Proprietary Limited :)

It is just an Australian thing, I guess. Probably closly equivalent to LLC (Limited Liability Company).

Xander
11-18-2004, 05:00 AM
AndyH: I love the name, I can just imagine "thank you for doing business with HellBored". ;-)

Incka: How did you come up with Incka(or has that been your online name all along).

chromate
11-18-2004, 05:13 AM
HellBored is a fantastic name! :)

AndyH
11-18-2004, 05:41 AM
I think so too. My medium term goal is to lead a team in the development of a console based game for which I think the name is good. "HellBored Entertainment", "HellBored Gaming".

moonshield
11-18-2004, 01:55 PM
indeed, hellbored is a good name

shim
11-24-2004, 11:40 PM
I wanted something meaningful. Most of my first choices were either taken or too vague. You would not believe how many import... names there are. My site is an online carshow for imports, so I chose Import Rival.

The definition of 'rival' is: One who is in pursuit of the same object as another; one striving to reach or obtain something which another is attempting to obtain, and which one only can posses; a competitor.

Sometimes people look at importrival and see import trivia or import trivial. :p

Nick
11-25-2004, 01:40 AM
Cazim LLC.

CA from my last name, CArlson. And ZIM from my business partner's name ZIMmerman. But it's actually pronounced like the word Chasm. Although I really didn't put that much thought into it. We just needed to register a business quickly for tax reasons.

It was a tough choice though. We couldn't decide between Cazim, or PubiCurl. :D

moonshield
11-25-2004, 08:04 AM
PubiCurl. lol