PDA

View Full Version : I don't know why I am well positioned

angeloca
11-12-2004, 01:30 PM
No I am not fool. I still don't understand why one of my websites is well positioned for this key phrase: "italian jewelry". I don't have a bunch of sites linking to mine, I use graphic links, it was my first website. The only thing is that is online by 5 years. If somebody can explain me why I'm so well positioned for this key phrase I will appreciate. Even the domain name has nothing to do with jewelry. The only good thing I made, is that my website talks of jewelry (and I never really sold even 1 buck of jewelry). By the way this is the URL: www.ra-italy.com
Thank you for your cooperation.

Angelo.

s2kinteg916
11-12-2004, 01:49 PM
Well u have it in the title tag... and u have relevant content. Italian jewelry doesnt get searched much so it doesnt have much competition. Also u been around for a while...and it looks like u got a pr5.

So this is really anything special this is normal...

angeloca
11-12-2004, 02:09 PM
Thanks for your comment Thomas. The thing driving me crazy is that my main website (online since January 2003), the one providing me food, has in theory the same things you mentioned for the jewelry website, but ranks horribly everywhere for a key phrase like "apartments in rome" and I'm feeding Overture and Google to survive. Also it is not true, according to Overture, that the key phrase "italian jewelry" is not so competitive (18,501 searches last month) and 1,730,000 results from Yahoo, while for "apartments in rome" i found 2,937 searches last month and 586,000 results from Yahoo. If you have nothing better to do :) you can visit this website: www.bestinrome.com

Thank you anyway. Angelo.

davesplace1
11-20-2004, 10:19 AM
I have seen the same thing with my sites, big high traffic keyword I'm on the first SERPs page. Small traffic keyword I'm on the tenth SERPs page. Go figure.