PDA

View Full Version : Pulling AdSense off my Site!

Emancipator
11-07-2004, 12:14 PM
I am getting a crapload of traffic through the site and everything is performing well ACCEPT google adsense. cpm is 0.24. I am taking my google ads off my site and am going to try an experiement.

I am going to replace their ad on my page with my other networks and see if my revenue goes up at all. As it is I am making so little of google adsense with a cpm like that it is a waste of time even having it on the page.

Seems it doesnt do so well the way I am using it :)

James
11-07-2004, 02:20 PM
Some sites do better with Adsense than others. Which website is this? If it's the movie one, I'd suggest replacing it with ads for DVDs or something. Maybe make 10 or 15 ads for popular DVDs and maybe games and put them in PHPAdsNew or another rotation script.

Mike
11-07-2004, 02:46 PM
With all of your traffic, why don't you use any big advertisers? I see your using advertising.com, is that the replacement for adsense?

Emancipator
11-07-2004, 02:54 PM
i am re-applying to the larger ones like tribal fusion Mike. The site literally blew up over night. I need to still tweak a few things, but everything accept google is performing well under my new traffic.

davesplace1
11-08-2004, 11:44 AM
Hi Emancipator, sorry to hear Adsense is not working on your site. Try the big ad networks and maybe keep Adsense on a couple of your pages to see if your eCPM goes up. Adsense does go up and down, when they are up you can make a lot of money.

Emancipator
11-08-2004, 12:03 PM
yeah typically i do ok off adsense, but lately its so damn sad I might as well use AZOOGLE, which at least will fill 100% of my inventory.

I have pulled it off a few of my pages, but not all and re-applied to tribal fusion to see if they will serve adds on my site.

James
11-08-2004, 04:54 PM
Good luck getting in.

Does this traffic leap you've gotten seem like a short-term thing, or do you think it'll hold out?

moonshield
11-08-2004, 05:33 PM
tntcheats... have you seen that site? It looks like a long-term thing to me if I have ever seen one. An instant success story.

Emancipator
11-08-2004, 08:21 PM
tntcheats the traffic hasnt been one monster jump, its steadily grown.. it drops down a bit from time to time, and then other days quadruples. I am now in the position of having news fed to me by people on set, from the studios, etc, which brings in more readers.

being a fanatic of movies, having this site is perfect since it suits me.