PDA

View Full Version : Google Ban question.

Nick
11-03-2004, 02:02 AM
If a domain is banned, is it possible to still show up in the serps? If not, it it possible for it's sub-directories to show up?

For example, www.domain.com is banned. It doesn't show up in the serps anywhere. Is it possible for www.domain.com/sub-dir/ to still show up and not be penalized?

Thanks.

r2d2
11-03-2004, 02:08 AM
Not normally I wouldnt think. If you get banned, its the whole domain. Otherwise you could just move everything to a new folder.

chromate
11-03-2004, 06:34 AM
Yeah, if it's been banned it wont show up in the SERPs. Neither will other URLs under the same domain.

abelony
11-03-2004, 08:36 AM
It happened to me once. All traces of the domain were wiped clean from the google servers.

eCommando
11-03-2004, 11:18 AM
Were you able to get it back in the serps?

abelony
11-03-2004, 11:51 AM
Were you able to get it back in the serps?

No. In that time period I did not get a single hit from google. But I changed the content from one datafeed to AWS and the first part of the latest google pr update I got a pr4. Then a couple of days after that the pr disappeared. I have 3 pages indexed in google but am kind of skeptical about it. I get a hit or two a week from google. I have stopped paying that much attention to that site and am moving on. The site by the way is www.camerasplus.net. I am curious to know if there is a contact email to google for these purposes.

Cutter
11-03-2004, 11:16 PM
Do you know why the site got banned?

chromate
11-04-2004, 05:31 AM
There is an email address you can use to contact google about these things. They're normally quite helpful. Look in the contact section on their site.