PDA

View Full Version : iFrame ?

Johan H
09-12-2003, 12:28 PM
http://logicfive.com/work/resordotcom/html/index.php

if you click on "sök resa" youll see that you get a scroll-able window in that iFrame...

Now my question is, is it possible to make a dynamic iFrame or solve this somehow so people dont have to scroll inside the webpage?

i want to scroll just like any normal webpage..
Although, the script you see inside is based on another server and its also a .asp ;)

Chris
09-12-2003, 06:27 PM
So you need to load a script from another server, and that results in an iframe which you'd rather not use. In other words you want to include the contents of a page from another server without using an iframe, right?

If you have the cooperation of the other server you could implement a javascript solution. Basically the script would output everything it normally prints inside of a document.write function and then you'd remotely include the javascript.

Or you can turn it into a web service and do a server side include -- which is really the best (but also most complicated) solution.

Johan H
09-13-2003, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Chris
So you need to load a script from another server, and that results in an iframe which you'd rather not use. In other words you want to include the contents of a page from another server without using an iframe, right?

If you have the cooperation of the other server you could implement a javascript solution. Basically the script would output everything it normally prints inside of a document.write function and then you'd remotely include the javascript.

Or you can turn it into a web service and do a server side include -- which is really the best (but also most complicated) solution.

Chris, according to www.jalic.com you program PHP for money.
Can you do this? Can you sum it up what you think it would cost and ill pay you and you do it for me after payment?

Like I said, i dont want to scroll "inside" the webpage, i want to scroll like a normal page.

http://flyg.resor.com <-- the engine is there, i want to scroll like that on my webpage!

thanks

Chris
09-13-2003, 07:01 AM
Why can't you keep that on the same server as the webpage?

Johan H
09-13-2003, 08:51 AM
Why can't you keep that on the same server as the webpage?

Chris, the book engine we use is developed by a company who doesnt let us or others host the application itself.

They want the application on their servers incase something happends and so none can see how they have written the program itself.. :)

so flyg.resor.com is on another server, and www.resor.com is on my server!

its down now though, resor.com :-)

thats why

Chris
09-13-2003, 10:57 AM
Well, you need to have them change their output. Either to make it javascript or a web service.

Chris
09-13-2003, 10:58 AM
I take that back... you could kinda do it with PHP.

<?

$web_content = fopen("$url", "r") ;
while(!feof($web_content)) {
echo $web_content;
}
fclose($web_content);

?>

That should probably work -- $url would be replaced with the URL of the script.

Johan H
09-13-2003, 03:03 PM
I take that back... you could kinda do it with PHP.

<?

$web_content = fopen("$url", "r") ;
while(!feof($web_content)) {
echo $web_content;
}
fclose($web_content);

?>

That should probably work -- $url would be replaced with the URL of the script.

i swear to god, if that works..ill cry :)