PDA

View Full Version : Need Leaderboard AD! Suggestions?

Emancipator
11-01-2004, 09:07 AM
I need a leaderboard ad for my site. Leaderboard being the size of course.. I am currently using fastclick and casalemedia, but fastclick isnt that great as a default for leaderboard.

I currently am setup with

- fastclick
- azoogle(took them off since they are not counting views, bug?)
- casalemedia.

Thanks guys :)

incka
11-01-2004, 09:07 AM
Incka Media.

Emancipator
11-01-2004, 09:18 AM
how do i signup? the cpm is nice, and I got plent of space for it. Do you serve anything other then leaderboards? I could use some regular banners as well.

Westech
11-01-2004, 09:58 AM
Try Azoogle's Blockbuster online movie rental offer. (Their reporting seems to be working again, and I don't think I missed any clicks while the reporting was down.)

MarkB
11-01-2004, 10:06 AM
Is self-promotion allowed outside the Marketplace forum?

Emancipator
11-01-2004, 10:37 AM
thanks westech, can you explain the blockbuster deal to me? I am really new to this whole deal of getting agencies :)

Emancipator
11-01-2004, 10:48 AM
wes you were right about bluetime by the way, and thanks for the heads up. I have put their banners back on my site.

Westech
11-01-2004, 11:02 AM
Sure. The Blockbuster offer is under the AzoogleAds CPA division of Azoogle, not the Bluetime division, so if you're not signed up for AzoogleAds you'll have to create another account.

Basically, with CPA, you're not paid per imression or per click, but per action. You're paid a certain amount for each visitor you send to them who performs a specified action, such as buying something or signing up for a newsletter.

With the Blockbuster offer, you get $27 for each visitor you send who signs up for a free trial of Blockbuster's online movie rental service. You'll probably have a very small percentage of your visitors sign up, but even if only 1 out of 10,000 visitors go for it, you're still making $2.70 eCPM.

Emancipator
11-01-2004, 11:03 AM
well i guess you know where im going now :) Thanks for the tip westech

Westech
11-01-2004, 11:07 AM
No prob. Check out their other offers, too. I think they have some for free dvd players, free movies, etc. I'm running some of their $1.00 CPA ads, and getting much better results than I could with any other type of ad program.

Emancipator
11-01-2004, 11:09 AM
yeah for my traffic i am making squat, but you know how it is, learn as you go :)

incka
11-01-2004, 11:28 AM
Is self-promotion allowed outside the Marketplace forum?

I don't care really.

Emancipator
11-01-2004, 11:42 AM
i did ask for suggestions so im not sure where incka went wrong.....

r2d2
11-01-2004, 12:11 PM
Well, self promotion technically isnt allowed outside the Marketplace, so since Incka Media is his own, he couldnt suggest it himself, technically. It wasnt an unbiased answer, so if no one else had answered, Incka may have profitted from self-promotion...

Blue Cat Buxton
11-01-2004, 12:57 PM
Incka can really win then, can he. He answered the question (without undue publicity), but I guess could have suggested other options as well.

Up to other members to keep the forums on a level playing field.

incka
11-01-2004, 01:08 PM
Really what else could I have suggested for an ad network? Tribal fusion has already denied him, and I don't know any other good paying ad networks.

I think you are confusing this with sitepoint. Blatent advertising isn't allowed here, but I think helpful things are.

Westech
11-01-2004, 01:18 PM
This issue has come up several times before. Some members assume that the "standard" forum rules of etiquette apply, and some members assume that if they haven't been told not to do something then it must be OK. I can understand both points of view. I think we could all do with some clarification of the rules from Chris.

Back to the Original topic: Does anyone have any other suggestions for Emancipator's leaderboard ads?

r2d2
11-01-2004, 01:42 PM
To be honest, in this case I would say it was ok. But you cant have rules which are a bit wishy washy, that say you can only self promote if there arent other options etc... All becomes a bit subjective, rules need to be black and white, either self promotion is allowed or it isnt.

To clear it all up, Incka could just edit his post, and someone else could suggest Incka Media...

Emancipator, I hear Incka Media have a good CPM :)

(Can I get a referral for that? ;) )

Emancipator
11-01-2004, 02:07 PM
Tribal rejected me when my site was still young and had mediocre traffic. I may try them again since i now have good traffic.

Any other suggestion for ad networks? I just got in touch with Adtegrity, they looked my site over and are very interested and am in talks with them right now.

incka
11-01-2004, 02:13 PM
Adtegrity have crap rates. Honestly.

Emancipator
11-01-2004, 03:04 PM
yeah im checking em out, i have heard their rates are not so hot, but since they are serving 100% with no defaults, i am going to look into them.

Gotta fill my inventory. I might use Azoogle more, since they now seem to have their stats sorted. My only beef with azoogle is they wont pay into my paypal that I can tell.