PDA

View Full Version : Stats Program

Emancipator
10-28-2004, 02:11 PM
Ok so now that I have my own dedicated server, I dont really have a good stats program to track my stats.

How bout some suggestions for some good free stats programs that somebody new to server operation could install with somewhat ease.

Thanks guys. And so far my server choice is working out well, will let you know if i still think so in 30days.

tomek
10-28-2004, 02:15 PM
awstats and/or webalizer are very popular

Westech
10-28-2004, 02:28 PM
I like pphlogger. It's pretty simple to install and use, and it tracks almost everything I need. You can configure it to use either a php snippet in each page to be tracked, or a javascript snippet in each page to be tracked. Using the php method will include spiders in the tracking. Using javascript will not.

My only real complaint is that it won't show aggregate stats across multiple websites.

http://www.phpee.com/index.php?node=21

Emancipator
10-28-2004, 03:05 PM
great ones so far, i will give em all a try. Webalizer is included with my server panel. the php one you mention wes sounds really slick.

Blue Cat Buxton
10-29-2004, 01:19 AM
pphlogger is good and reports in nice easy to see formats, but I have found that it falls over at higher volume (and that is not even very high, say after 100,000 page views)

might just be the way I had it set up, though