PDA

View Full Version : Computer Hardware Site

XtrEM3
10-27-2004, 01:47 PM
it would be really nice if you could take a look at my site and tell me what you think about the look

www.pcbunk.net

ive been workin really hard on the layout...but its not completely done, most of the links need styles, but besides that its pretty much done.

Thanks alot in advance,
Blayne

moonshield
10-27-2004, 02:38 PM
awesome... i like

chromate
10-27-2004, 02:45 PM
Wow. That's really nice! It's almost a shock ending up at amazon when you go to checkout.

Xander
10-27-2004, 02:56 PM
I like the look/design, nice work. I'm think theres quite a bit of wasted white space on the right. Maybe center the page or expand it a bit to get two products side by side?

AndyH
10-27-2004, 03:11 PM
Wow, looks awsome.

swarrier
10-27-2004, 03:22 PM
Very well done. Had very little clue till the end that it was aws-driven..

I also liked the image icons.

chromate
10-27-2004, 03:26 PM
The only concern I would have is the user's reaction when they end up at amazon. They might think "Hang on, what's going on, I thought I was buying from pcbunk" because I think your site builds up that level of confidence with the user. Maybe add a clear, "in association with amazon.com" image. You may want to try it as you have it now and then add it to see what sort of difference it makes to your conversions. Just a thought.

ozgression
10-27-2004, 04:47 PM
Looks pretty good. Nice site ;)
________
Sunbeam (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Chrysler_Sunbeam)

XtrEM3
10-27-2004, 08:45 PM
omg...WOW...can't believe the reactions.

thank you everyone for the kind remarks...

Xander: ya i realize this i really haven't figured out what to do w/the rite side, or the bottom (all it says is sumtin about cards...sposed to b temporary). i would prefer that it stretches the entire width of that page (instead of just 800x600), but 1) that created too many compatibility problems that i end up spendin more time fixing that wut its worth, and 2) the header really looks best all the way to the left and up, and if it stretches the i think it looks kinda funky...

i completely agree w/the part where they're shocked that they end up at amazon...i was wondering that myself...but now i kno that it really doesn't say much about going to amazon. ill make a note to fix that, as well as find something to fill in that blank right menu.

again thanks for the kind remarks...it helps alot.

Blayne
www.pcbunk.net

Blue Cat Buxton
10-28-2004, 03:10 AM
Yes really good.

I agree with Chromate about the switch to Amazon - how about an "in association with " comment on the shopping cart page

moonshield
10-28-2004, 07:34 AM
yes... this is what i meant in the other thread when i said 'better AWS sites'. This one actaully looks like a store. Many AWS dont look like something I could buy from. This one looks better than most standalone stores