PDA

View Full Version : How can i creat a AWS site?

searchfans.com
10-22-2004, 03:27 PM
What script can i use,and who can help me?i just have a amazon account days before.

Chris
10-22-2004, 06:48 PM
see http://www.websitepublisher.net/article/aws-php/

Emancipator
10-22-2004, 07:19 PM
if you need a hand getting started just holler, i read the boards daily and am happy to help you out. Keep in mind amazon is now using AWS4 so make sure you read before trying to implement the code from this site :)

Best of luck.

pas
10-22-2004, 08:27 PM
A lot of people seem to use "mr rats" script, but I don't know if it' has been updated to work with ECS (AWS 4).

Todd W
10-23-2004, 02:29 AM
A lot of people seem to use "mr rats" script, but I don't know if it' has been updated to work with ECS (AWS 4).

It has been recently updated.

Chris
10-23-2004, 07:08 AM
I don't know where Dan went, he hasn't posted in awhile, but I wish someone would update the tutorial.

MarkB
10-23-2004, 08:10 AM
What changes need to be made to work with AWS4? I'm still using the original code, and making sales.

shaunster
10-23-2004, 08:34 AM
I'm very close to getting a working aws4, but have run into some problems. AWS4 is a totally new feed. Not sure you could modify the tutorial as say a migration. I have something close, hopefully in a few more days.

5starAffiliates
10-23-2004, 10:01 AM
THANKS Chris, for that link. Ever since I discovered this forum I have been trying to find a basic resource about AWS so I could see how similar it is to the IPC (Instant Page Creator) a friend of mine developed. That article seems to be exactly what I have been looking for.

Emancipator
10-23-2004, 10:25 AM
if i can get a few minutes i will write a tutorial in php for aws4. I will see if i can do it this weekend.

ozgression
10-23-2004, 04:52 PM
AWS 3 still kind of works for me... it's just that the price information either doesn't show up, or displays "Price too low to display".
________
Mazda Nagare history (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mazda_Nagare)

Nintendo
10-23-2004, 10:48 PM
AWS 3 and also AWS 2 still work. You just have to use AWS 4 if you want to use the newest options, such as new categories, and having up to 100 reviews per item.

Emancipator
10-24-2004, 08:17 AM
aws4 offers alot more then its older versions. If you just want what you have right now, dont update. If you want all the extra goodies, update to aws4.

paulfitz
10-25-2004, 09:03 PM
Yeah if that tutorial was upgrading to show how to use AWS 4 in a similar fashion, that would be great.

Nick
10-25-2004, 11:06 PM
Does anything about the products stay static?

In other words, could I implement my own review system for their the products? In order to do so, I would need a Product ID or something from the feed that never changes.

Also, are you allowed to copy the feed over into your own database?

Blue Cat Buxton
10-26-2004, 12:55 AM
Does anything about the products stay static?

In other words, could I implement my own review system for their the products? In order to do so, I would need a Product ID or something from the feed that never changes.

I have assumed (perhaps wrongly) that the ASIN stays static, otherwise none of the AWS pages, anywhere, would be search engine friendly - as all the information on a page could change without notice - they would spider a page about toasters and then it could change to a DVD, for example.

On this basis, the php_noob comment system Ozgression suggested in another thread works very well :D

searchfans.com
10-30-2004, 01:20 PM
Thanks all the man,this days i am so busy and no have time to visit the forum.In days i will make some AWS sites.Wish me can do that by myself.LOL...