PDA

View Full Version : fantasy sports

eMEraLdwPn
10-19-2004, 09:54 PM
has anyone ever thought of starting a fantasy sports gaming site? it's something i've been considering for a long time, but i wouldn't have the time / dedication to manually update the stats for every single player every day. is there a place where you can buy daily datafeeds of player stats? if i made a fantasy sports site, i'd probably code a fantasy baseball game first (since that's the only sport i really follow), and because it's about 6 months before the start of the next season, which would give me plenty of time to prepare for it.

eMEraLdwPn
10-20-2004, 07:06 PM
i guess that means no one knows anything about this? :p

littlewhite
10-21-2004, 03:50 AM
has anyone ever thought of starting a fantasy sports gaming site? it's something i've been considering for a long time, but i wouldn't have the time / dedication to manually update the stats for every single player every day. is there a place where you can buy daily datafeeds of player stats? if i made a fantasy sports site, i'd probably code a fantasy baseball game first (since that's the only sport i really follow), and because it's about 6 months before the start of the next season, which would give me plenty of time to prepare for it.

IMHO,daily datafeeds of every single player may be impossible,for there is usually one match a week.So trying to get the weekly datafeeds is reazonable,from the official site of each club that a certain player plays for.

eMEraLdwPn
10-21-2004, 09:28 AM
there's one match per week in football, but baseball players usually play 5 - 6 games a week

moonshield
10-22-2004, 03:23 PM
noone updates the numbers by hand to a fantasy football league... one would need an army of monkeys to accomplish such a feat. I believe the NFL probably would give permission and access to thier databases, for a price.

I think that baseball would be more complicated though.