PDA

View Full Version : presidential candidates websites

Kyle
10-17-2004, 02:49 PM
As talking about politics is prohibited in this forum (as it should be), please don't express your opinion regarding these candidates ability to be president of the United States. This thread is to talk about their website ranking.

At the time of this post...

JohnKerry.com
Alexa: 1907
Googe Backlinks: 25,200
Listed in the Google directory

GeorgeWBush.com
Alexa: 3679
Google Backlinks: 12,200
Not listed in the Google directory

Kyle
10-17-2004, 02:53 PM
Could these statistics mean more webmasters would be voting for John Kerry?

Perhaps George Bush's Alexa ranking is lower because there are two places to get general information about him, the whitehouse.gov and georgewbush.com?

Another reminder, please DO NOT SAY who you are voting for or express any opinions regarding these candidates ability to be president of the United States.

Emancipator
10-17-2004, 03:40 PM
well kerry's camp has the democratic internet team, which led to the gov of vermont going on a mad landslide with money and power. To bad it didnt mean anything when it came to electoral power. I dont see this as a sign of voting, I see it as the Kerry camp has DEANS people in his fold and they are now using their smarts to help Kerrys online campaign. Bush is relying on the main stream media.

moonshield
10-17-2004, 04:08 PM
i disagree... kerry has the national media in his pocket... Either Bush's people dont believe they need Internet presence or they just dont know how to do it.

I could do it for them... for a price :)

Westech
10-17-2004, 04:36 PM
It looks like the GOP needs to hire an SEO.

Emancipator
10-17-2004, 04:46 PM
poorman i never said he didnt have them in his pocket, what I said is Dean has given the Democratic party a new powerfull online tactic, that the republicans dont use or even know about in comparison. Problem with Dean was all the internet power, and individual money doesnt mean anything when it comes to electoral votes.

Kyle
10-17-2004, 04:50 PM
It looks like the GOP needs to hire an SEO.

Look how many more pages JohnKerry.com has indexed in Google than GeorgeWBush.com.

incka
10-17-2004, 10:01 PM
A while ago when I looked the alexa rating was the other way around. Also quite interesting that sites such as Miniclip.com are visited more than these...

moonshield
10-19-2004, 09:57 AM
Icebane:
I dont remeber what I was disagreeing with but I think it was something else.
:)

Mike
10-19-2004, 10:46 AM
I'd think that people would go on John Kerry's site to see what he was about. They know everything about Bush. That's why the difference in traffic rank imho.