PDA

View Full Version : Domain Selection

Boricua
10-15-2004, 02:44 PM
I'm trying to find a domain name for a site I'm building. I have three major alternatives:

1. keyword-keyword.net.

2. A 6-letter .com domain name which suggests the site content but which contains no keywords (both parts of the name are abbeviations for keywords).

3. A .com name consisting of a keyword and a non-keyword. The name would start with the keyword. The keyword and non-keyword suggest the site function. The combination of the two words is less functionally oriented and more evocative than the second option.

Does anyone have a recommendation?

davesplace1
10-15-2004, 05:01 PM
I think I would choose keyword-keyword.net, you won't get any type in traffic, but everyone will know what you site is about.

Chris
10-15-2004, 07:20 PM
How do you plan on getting incoming links for this site?

What is the title of the site?

Boricua
10-15-2004, 08:06 PM
How do you plan on getting incoming links for this site?

Some incoming links will come from sites I have developed. Beyond that, my hope is to offer up some free content and/or scripts to other webmasters in exchange for links. Although I need to confirm a few technical issues, my assumption is that I'll be able to control the anchor text of many of those links.

What is the title of the site?

That hasn't been determined yet. In a very broad sense, the site is related to global markets.

ozgression
10-15-2004, 08:23 PM
If you control the anchor text, I would choose option #3. This sounds like the most brandable option.
________
herbalaire (http://www.vaporshop.com/herbalaire-vaporizer.html)

Boricua
10-16-2004, 01:02 PM
If you control the anchor text, I would choose option #3. This sounds like the most brandable option.

That's kind of what I was thinking too, but I wanted to hear feedback from others as well. Thanks for all for responding.