PDA

View Full Version : Stupid AdWords!

Westech
10-11-2004, 08:05 AM
Google just disapproved several of my AdWords ads, stating that they:
-went to sites with pop-ups
-didn't allow the user to go back with one click of the back button

Neither of these is even remotely true. No popups, one window, one click of the back button takes you right back to the Google search results. I don't know what they're smoking over there.

I've sent an email pointing all this out and asking them to review them again. Now there's nothing I can do except sit here and lose money while waiting for them to respond. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Emancipator
10-11-2004, 08:08 AM
man i got one better. I cant ACCESS the adwords site. It wont load up on ANY Of my computers in any of my locations... so they are happily charging my credit card and I cant do squat to turn it off.

I can load every piece of Googles site ACCEPT for adwords. how do you like that?

Westech
10-11-2004, 08:09 AM
Wow! Have you tried clearing your browsers' cookies, history, etc.?

Emancipator
10-11-2004, 08:39 AM
yeah im working on that as we speak.. but since its on multiple systems i doubt its my computers as much as something else.

moonshield
10-11-2004, 12:50 PM
conspiracy?

Westech
10-11-2004, 12:52 PM
conspiracy?

Yep, the men in black saw that I was finally making some money and decided to cut me off.

michael_gersitz
10-11-2004, 02:35 PM
I would just restart the campaign. If there is no infraction, they shouldn't stop the campaign again... See what they reply first now that you sent them a mail.

How can you be losing money right now? (Are you talking about potential earnings)

Westech
10-11-2004, 02:49 PM
Yes, potential earnings. My site was converting very well before Google pulled the plug.

Still waiting for a response. :(

michael_gersitz
10-11-2004, 04:58 PM
What site was it pointing too? Perhaps there is something that you are overlooking?

Westech
10-11-2004, 05:43 PM
Back up now and making sales! :D

I'm still a little upset that they weren't running for most of the day.

michael_gersitz
10-11-2004, 06:54 PM
Excellent. That is what we like to see! :)

Have you tried using other PPC Engines? Like Searchfeed?

Westech
10-11-2004, 07:40 PM
Not yet. I'll probably give some others a shot once I'm sure I've got a handle on Adwords. I want to make sure the ROI that I'm seeing stays consistent. I may try out Overture soon.

I'm a little leery of networks that display ads on other peoples' sites, like searchfeed and Google's Content Network (AdSense.) My thoughts are that the conversions percentages from using these PPC engines would be less due to fraudulent clicks and site visitors clicking on ads to support the site rather than because they are interested in the product.

Right now I'm running AdWords only, limited to the Google search engine. Once it has run for a while and I have a solid average ROI figure, I might try extending my campaign to AdSense, Searchfeed, and others to compare the ROI.

ozgression
10-11-2004, 09:09 PM
Generally, contextual advertising does mean lower conversion rates. But this is offset by the fact that traffic is cheaper (again, generally the case).
________
C20LET (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/C20LET)