PDA

View Full Version : Chris

Johan H
09-08-2003, 06:29 PM
Since you spend a lot of time answering and helping us newbies with SEO.

You should start a new forum here which would be named

"Ask Chris"

For each person who ask you something very important, they pay you x dollar per question to get it answered.

You have to answer the question with other words, but you would get payed.

Chris
09-08-2003, 08:36 PM
I don't need your money, I'm happy to answer questions.

incka
09-08-2003, 11:52 PM
Thank goodness...

(I don't have any spare money... And if he started charging I would use a different forum)

Mike
09-09-2003, 08:06 AM
I do like the way it is now (obviously), but I would probably pay if something like that was enforced.

The good thing about this forum is that if a question is answered, you know it will be almost certainly correct.

Johan H
09-09-2003, 09:45 AM
Mike, you got that right =)

chromate
09-10-2003, 05:33 AM
Webmasters have enough problems getting people to contribute to forums. Can you imagine if people had to pay? :)

I love these forums. Particularly over others like Sitepoint forums. That's because it's still quite personal here. Sitepoint's great, but they've got so big and commercial that they've lost that personal touch which is so important.

I like the fact that I know the background of the man behind all this. It lends credit to the whole thing. However, I don't think I'd pay for it. Mainly because I'm skint at the moment! :(

incka
09-10-2003, 09:11 AM
I prefer small ones like this because you can never find your messages on big ones, and the host can not answer every message.

GCT13
09-10-2003, 09:14 PM
On the subject of paying to use forums, does anyone here subscribe to http://www.webmasterworld.com/, or would you even consider it?

Chris
09-11-2003, 05:50 AM
WebmasterWorld as a whole is too large and over moderated. You're not really allowed to mention your sites, or your experience. You don't know if the person you're talking to has any experience at all. As such its a hot bed of rumors and speculation.

The only thing good about it is that a Google employee participates, but you can read everything he says at this site: http://www.markcarey.com/googleguy-says/

GCT13
09-12-2003, 12:01 PM
Thanks, good to know!

delpino
09-12-2003, 05:36 PM
that guy is like the pope, hilarious!