PDA

View Full Version : AWS script wanted - quote please

LuckyShima
10-08-2004, 01:15 PM
I am looking to set-up an AWS site but do not have much time to put into it at this stage. I have read here that the freely available script does not have a very successful conversion rate because it does not take advantage of the presenting the products in the best way, so want to know if anyone has a script for sale.

If you want to PM me that will be ok or else put the quote here. Thanks

(hard to not get infected by the AWS bug after frequenting here for a while).

Emancipator
10-08-2004, 01:22 PM
actually i was using the one on this site for a little bit and it converted pretty good. Now mind you im not using it now, but i was. I used it since it was well done and i had no time to do my own.

You can customize the look very easily all you will need is a small bit of html knowledge.

Sorry if this isnt the reply you were looking for, I would rather help you then sell you some code you can do on your own

Westech
10-08-2004, 01:25 PM
I recently found another free Amazon script that looks promising at http://www.freekrai.net/article/My-Amazon-Store-Manager/ . I haven't done much with it yet, but it looks good so far. I think I've seen the guy who owns that website on these forums sometimes, too.

Emancipator
10-08-2004, 01:31 PM
i would myself use the one on this site, and customize it... but westech also has pointed out a great one for you. If you use the one off this site and need some help with it just ask, I also was new and although i know php i knew nothing about XML and had to learn here as well.

do as you did and ask questions, folks will help and perhaps you can keep your money ;)

eMEraLdwPn
10-08-2004, 01:42 PM
this is what i used, i think it's similar to what's on the site
http://www.devshed.com/c/a/PHP/Using-Amazon-Web-Services-With-PHP-And-SOAP-part-1

LuckyShima
10-08-2004, 01:52 PM
Thanks guys ... ok I better put some effort in and just modify the available scripts. I just remember Chris saying that the one available here might not convert as well as a script that has more features such as displaying the products differently

Emancipator
10-08-2004, 01:54 PM
customization is key, but once you have the principal code to enhance it is easy. I learned from the code on this site, and then scrapped it to do my own.. not that it was bad, just that i wanted something a bit different :)

eMEraLdwPn
10-08-2004, 03:37 PM
yeah, i did the same... just get it working, and it's pretty easy to make changes to suit your needs. if you can't figure it out, just ask here and someone will be able to help you

OnlineGuide
10-31-2004, 12:01 PM
Have you tried MrRat's Script? The basic edition is free, and works pretty well.

James
10-31-2004, 01:31 PM
Westech, that one looks like a great script! Thanks.

incka
10-31-2004, 02:47 PM
There is one free on this site!

I'll do a script swap, AWS script for something like a script for something else. Mine is very SEO friendly, but takes about 2 hours to make a site.

KeithMcL
11-02-2004, 08:00 PM
Has anyone tried this one before?
http://www.logosword.co.uk/amazon/index.htm

It looks good and you can use your own developers token (subscription id) if you register it for $29.99.