PDA

View Full Version : New to advertising.. need help with video game site

affl1ction
10-07-2004, 04:40 AM
Hey all,

I have NEVER advertised on any site. I am looking to learn how. Here is what I need to know if you can help please.

I have a HUGELY popular site (I am advertised in many of todays top VIDEO GAMES for PC's), some directly in game, others through websites, others through community pages.

I need HIGH QUALITY proffesional adds. I dont want anything that is not related to video games, (pc, consoles, web, etc). I also would prefer Pay Per Impression style advertising vs click through, I have a very very large site visit.

How do I go about making this happen.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Affl1ction :D

AndyH
10-07-2004, 04:45 AM
Out of curiosity, may I ask what your sites address is?

Also, I am a bit unclear about what you need.

I am not sure wether you need some ads designed for you, or wether you are trying to buy or sell (through a network?) advertising.

affl1ction
10-07-2004, 04:53 AM
I need to find out how to make money on my site. But I need the adds to be specific to my content. But I dont want to inconvienance my visitors by clickthroughs and popups. I also dont want to be LIMITED to them buying products from the adds.

AndyH
10-07-2004, 05:58 AM
I think you will have some trouble getting into these advertising networks if your website is of the entertainment/gaming genra but it never hurt to try.

www.fastclick.com
www.burstmedia.com
www.tribalfusion.com

Start with those.

Emancipator
10-07-2004, 06:44 AM
My site had no problem getting into FastClick, you might want to try them out. I have an entertainment site. Also you could try www.casalemedia.com they have a nice setup as well and fill almost all of my inventory.

James
10-07-2004, 12:01 PM
Contact developers and upublishers and ask to run contests for them to fill up a little bit of your inventory and to boost traffic before you apply. It'll make your site appear more appealing to the networks.

Emancipator
10-07-2004, 03:42 PM
can you elaborate on your point tnt with an example?