PDA

View Full Version : Features you would want in a site management system

OrbitSystems
10-03-2004, 06:46 PM
I am developing a site management system for myself, to manage about 12 sites at the moment, but to allow for expansion. I would like some input on features that you would want in such a system. So far I want to have a feature for calculating profit across all sites. And then maybe a network cms. Any other ideas? or any features you can think that would be good to add to these two ideas?

Thanks

edit:
now i have come up with
-complete money management (all revenue, and all expenses, etc)
-site management (just a central location for all my sites custom cms's)
-library (notes and reusable code)

can you think of any way to make seo and promotion features added to this? like to manage those aspects of a site?

also, please think of other features for me

Westech
10-03-2004, 07:01 PM
Great idea! Here's what I'd like to see:

1. Traffic tracking across all sites. I currently use pphlogger to track my traffic on a per-site basis. It would be great if I could login to one place and track all the traffic info pphlogger makes available on a per site basis or for the network as a whole.

2. Centralized ad management. Something like phpadsnew but integrated so you could track impressions and clicks, and possibly even change ads and defaults for each site from one central control panel.

3. Maybe you could also integrate the keyword and backlink trackers from digitalpoint.com

OrbitSystems
10-03-2004, 07:07 PM
great ideas, thanks

Chris
10-04-2004, 06:49 AM
Urchin can do that (#1) for you Westech, if all your sites are on one server.

Westech
10-04-2004, 06:57 AM
Cool. Thanks for the tip.

Bojhan
10-04-2004, 10:28 AM
Good idea, i look to forward to see such thing.