PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Associates Site & Program Changes

pas
10-02-2004, 03:56 AM
Amazon has redesigned their associates site. It also looks like they've done away with the tiered plan with growth targets and bonuses. There's still the classic plan and now a "performance" plan with rates from 5-8%. Do you think it'll pay as well as the tiered/growth target plan?

We're pleased to introduce a brand new Compensation Plan and Associates Central!

We've listened to your feedback and are excited to announce a much more straightforward and transparent compensation plan for Q4: the Performance Fee Structure. We've also made major improvements to Associates Central. Visit What's New to learn more about features that make the site easier to use and help you earn more. Don't forget--select the Performance Fee Structure today! Performance Fee Structure Features:

* Easier earnings calculation and forecasting. When you select the Performance Fee Structure, your compensation rate will range from 5% to 8%, depending on your total number of shipped items. This simplified structure will make calculating and forecasting your earnings a breeze. Refer to the chart below for further detail.
* Earn more on third-party items. Under the Performance structure, your referral rate for third-party items will be the same as for Amazon items: 5% to 8%. Because you'll be earning the same rate, you're free to focus on what's important--merchandising the best products for your customers.
* Earn up to 10.5% under the Performance Fee Structure! You will also have the opportunity to earn up to an extra 2.5% over your base referral rate in link-type premiums. Your maximum potential rate under the Performance plan is therefore 10.5%.
* Simplified Management. Unlike prior quarters that had "opt-in" periods, now you can select the Performance or the Classic structure at any time during the quarter. Plus, you'll remain enrolled in that structure for Q1 2005 unless you choose otherwise.

Chris
10-02-2004, 09:38 AM
I hope they keep growth targets, tiered was basically renamed to performance. I also like the new reporting features.

Mike
10-02-2004, 11:15 AM
Yeah, I earned a lot of money through growth earnings. Got to 125%, so it was a nice little extra on top of the normal commission.

pas
10-02-2004, 11:31 AM
I think the growth target bonuses are gone. Which sucks because they added quite a bit to my earnings (~33%). On Amazon's associates forum a lot of peoples' initial reaction is that it's a turn for the worse, but several other associates say they've done calculations and think they'll do even better - saying the tiers includes all items, and so on.

http://forums.prosperotechnologies.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=am-associhelp&msg=9270.11

MarkB
10-03-2004, 02:13 AM
I really like the new system :) I don't earn enough to have any incentive changes bother me.

AndyH
10-03-2004, 02:45 AM
I don't earn enough from Amazon to worry about the plans; but I will say the new layout/system looks very good.

Chris
10-04-2004, 06:51 AM
Anyone else think the stats are up faster now?

MarkB
10-04-2004, 07:56 AM
I do - usually I have to wait until evening (UK time) to see the orders from the previous day, but I'm sure there are orders there today (early afternoon) that weren't there last night.

So that's nice ;)

Emancipator
10-04-2004, 07:59 AM
the stats are definitely up faster, and this is a much better look and feel. I never really worried about the profit side since i dont make a lot to start with. I recently switched to performance rating and will see how it pans out.

My feelings on the new look is it is a 100% improvement.

Boricua
10-04-2004, 10:28 AM
I think the stats are up much faster now. Also, I think that the reporting is much improved (in terms of layout, parameter defaults, etc.).

Mike
10-04-2004, 10:54 AM
Yep, there is an improvement on the stats speed. Unfortunately, I've yet to make a sale this quarter though :(

pas
10-04-2004, 03:28 PM
^^ Ditto ^^