PDA

View Full Version : well then...

eMEraLdwPn
10-01-2004, 08:52 PM
apparently my site lyrically squared was removed from fastclick because of "poor performance" - i sent them an email asking them exactly what that meant, and i haven't gotten a reply yet. luckily i had bluetime to fall back on, but i'd rather use them as a default for another advertiser.

i've been rejected from:
-tribalfusion
-fastclick
-casale media
-burst

those are only the ones i can think of off the top of my head... are there any other decent advertisers left? or maybe some way i can get into one of the above mentioned advertisers? i just applied to casale the other day, and they said that the area of their network that my site is aimed towards (entertainment, i guess) is currently full, but i don't know if that's the case with all of these advertisers..

James
10-01-2004, 10:42 PM
Well do you have bad placement of ads or traffic?

eMEraLdwPn
10-02-2004, 09:07 AM
i'm getting around 6000 uniques per day. i had a 468x60 banner at the very top, and on my index page and my two other most popular pages i had a medium rectangle in the middle, slightly below the fold. the 468 banners had a terrible CTR, but the rectangles were getting around 1% on most days. i wasn't even making more than like $2 a day off the banners, so i would have gladly removed them if they had asked.

Chris
10-02-2004, 09:37 AM
Your problem is common, there are many times of sites that simply do not perform well because of their subject matter. Its usually easy to get high traffic with such sites though, they just aren't attractive to advertisers.

eMEraLdwPn
10-02-2004, 03:34 PM
so what should i do about it? i know there are tons of lyrics sites that are innundated with ads, i never thought it would be so hard to just get an advertising company...

Chris
10-02-2004, 04:10 PM
They're inundated with ads because they can't find a high paying network to accept them.

Unfortunately there isn't much you CAN do.

michael_gersitz
10-02-2004, 09:38 PM
Hmm... Sounds like a job for Adsense. I would also look into Searchfeed.

eMEraLdwPn
10-03-2004, 12:30 AM
i have adsense, but only get a few dollars a day.... i actually get a lot of clicks, but most of them only pay like 3 or 4 cents each.

is there any similar topics that advertisers ARE interested in that i could expand my site towards?

ozgression
10-03-2004, 01:05 AM
What about intergrating the iTunes affiliate program? eg. Links to a download of the song.
________
637 (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_637)

James
10-03-2004, 02:24 AM
Ohh that's a good idea. You may want 2 links, though:
- Click here to purchase this song at iTunes!
- Click here to purchase this album at Amazon!

MarkB
10-03-2004, 06:02 AM
And don't forget to tie in DVDs, videos, t-shirts, concert tickets... the list is endless ;)

incka
10-03-2004, 06:13 AM
If your CTR is under .25% fastclick will remove you - It says in their T&C.

Apart from BlueTime I can't think of anything else, you could try MaxOnline or Advertising.com but I don't think you would make much with them...

MarkB
10-03-2004, 06:54 AM
You have a niche site; market niche items.

michael_gersitz
10-03-2004, 08:30 AM
CPA networks should work good for since you said alot of people were clicking Adsense.

incka
10-03-2004, 08:59 AM
I don't think CPA would work that well on your site, however I am willing to bet I know one offer that would make you a lot... The only problem is to join the ad network with it on you have to be invited.

Westech
10-03-2004, 09:20 AM
Another idea: Posters of the band from allposters.com

eMEraLdwPn
10-03-2004, 09:55 AM
i already have the amazon thing set up with "buy this album" etc... i think i make more money off people who click on that and then end up buying dvds or something =P... but i really make almost nothing off that, someone buys something once a week if i'm lucky. i'll look into the iTunes thing, and i should also work on stuff from allposters.com too probably. running cpm ads was so... stable though, more or less the same amount every day, cpa ads don't make me feel as comfortable.

incka, would you want to invite me to that? =)

incka
10-03-2004, 10:33 PM
The owners have to, however I can use sub-ids and give you 3/4 of the amount they pay until you get an invite (if they ever invite you). PM me if interested. It's a free offer that pays $1.00 (so you get $0.75) and about 1/4 of clicks turns into a lead. It will get alot of clicks too.

eMEraLdwPn
10-04-2004, 12:57 AM
this is fun. bluetime counts all my impressions throughout the day, then at midnight sets them to something like 10 and i lose all my money for that day. i guess this is why i didn't want to use them as my primary advertiser...

incka, i sent you a pm.

Emancipator
10-04-2004, 08:05 AM
honestly I would not lose to much sleep over fastclick. I have htem on my site and their math is horrid. I get 3.4million hits a month, about 25% of those being uniques and I make about $3.00 off fastclick.

Stick with Google Adwords is what i say. I make just as much if not more off of them. And of course use AMAZON, amazon is a great source of revenue i just discovered.

Chris
10-04-2004, 08:15 AM
hits or impressions?

Shawn
10-04-2004, 08:19 AM
Who in the hell keeps knocking at the downstairs apartment?

incka
10-04-2004, 08:34 AM
Shawn: Sorry about that.

3.4million hits isn't much, especially when a webpage can have over 100 images per page...