PDA

View Full Version : PR9 Question

PRBot.Com
10-01-2004, 07:28 AM
Question form the SEO "experts"

Suppose you have a new website with PR0 and no backlinks.

Then you get a backlink with anchor text linked from a PR9 site.

How high would that raise the PR0 site in PR?

Max

tomek
10-01-2004, 07:37 AM
not very high I assume...

if your page has very few external links but some with very high PR then that's a sign that you bought those links and I expect that google can detect that...

PRBot.Com
10-01-2004, 07:43 AM
Actually Google does not care very much about that any more because SEO helps them sell ads.

Blue Cat Buxton
10-01-2004, 07:45 AM
Actually Google does not care very much about that any more because SEO helps them sell ads.

Thats a rather wild supposition, don't you think - unless you have proof?

PRBot.Com
10-01-2004, 07:51 AM
I have plenty of proof. 1000s of directories selling links, like BlueFind.Com dr777 etc. etc. etc.

If G cared those sites would be blacklisted, but they are not. Linkfarms would be blacklisted but they are not.

That is plenty of proof. Instead Google has DE-blacklisted all those sites.

Business.com was blacklisted. Not any more. All linkfarms they had previously blacklisted are no longer blacklisted.

G figured they sell more adwords and sponsored links when SEO is high.

joeychgo
10-01-2004, 07:52 AM
Max! Hiya!

Dont like Digital Point anymore huh?

Chris
10-01-2004, 08:00 AM
To answer the original question it would depend on the number of outgoing links on the page doing the linking, but in any case it would be sizeable.

Blue Cat Buxton
10-01-2004, 08:05 AM
Google cares about the integrity of the search results.

If they mess that up and the quality of the results start to fall then people stop using Google.

That would have a more negative impact on ad revenue than a short term gain in letting people who buy links get to the top of the pile.

lorien1973
10-01-2004, 08:14 AM
I've said it before in other places. Google is like a mall.

Google's job is to get people come in and shop and then come back again when they need something else - this is how it gets advertisers to buy advertising and space on the site - as well as get other sites to syndicate its listings. It does this by making sure the results are not skewed - or as skewed as little as possible.