PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone noticed

joeychgo
10-01-2004, 04:23 AM
the increased googlecrawling of the last few weeks?

My sites are getting crawled deep every other day - for hours and hour on end.

Are any of you noticing this? why do you think its happening?

James
10-01-2004, 08:01 AM
They're probably trying to improve their results. Increase the database. There are probably too many people leaving because they can't find what they want.
Also they probably want to show people that while they're outsourcing, they're still in this as a search engine.

l234244
10-02-2004, 03:02 PM
Hello everyone - this is my first post. Normally there is a deep crawl before a backlink update. Maybe the PR will be updated this time.

michael_gersitz
10-02-2004, 09:36 PM
Hopefully a Public PR update. People are denying me links exchanges because my site has PR of 0. I wonder if they realize I have 1.5k backlinks towards the site. Still they insist on during purely PR updates. Oh well.

James
10-03-2004, 02:28 AM
I don't really do link exchanges based on PR etc. I base it on the site quality secondly, and firstly whether I like the person or not.

michael_gersitz
10-03-2004, 08:28 AM
firstly whether I like the person or not.

nice.

Alot of people who do not participate in forums such as this one don't know whats the deal with pagerank. Some webmasters I found didn't know what page rank was. Amazing the ones who knows nothing about PR always has killer sites.

incka
10-03-2004, 09:01 AM
I've stopped doing link exchanges based on PR, now I look at back links, pages indexed, current link exchanges, etc.

James
10-05-2004, 01:49 PM
Amazing the ones who knows nothing about PR always has killer sites.
Less time worrying about all that stuff, more time working on the stuff that's more important.