PDA

View Full Version : photoshop website help??

ocoste
09-30-2004, 02:02 PM
I've used Photoshop for design of site and Imageready to create rollover vertical nav bar. When I export to Dreamweaver MX it shows spacer gifs. I don't really have a grip of html. Any tips how to fix. Also, what is the best method to set site to display in full browser windo with NO scrollbars???

Thanks

chromate
09-30-2004, 03:08 PM
Too hard to tell without looking at the HTML.

If you want the site to display in one browser window without the normal scrollbar at the side, then just make sure the page length doesn't exceed the browser window height in pixels. Keep in mind that at different screen resolutions this height will vary, so turning scrollbars off with javascript isn't normally a good idea.

Keep it simple and you wont get so many problems. The chances are it will also look better.

Paste a link for more help.

Westech
09-30-2004, 03:30 PM
The nav bar may be OK even though it looks funny in the Dreamweaver design view. Try pressing F12 to preview it in a browser and see if it looks right outside of Dreamweaver.

ocoste
10-01-2004, 04:49 PM
Thanks guys! Westech you were right. Chromate, the site is far from live so I can't post a link. Front page complete but It's a psd file which I intend to be the backdrop to the site, with the only content changes being mainly text and 1 or 2 images. I'm sure you've guessed I'm fairly new at this.