PDA

View Full Version : Temporal patterns in revenue

nohaber
09-29-2004, 02:53 AM
Chris and the rest,
is there an yearly pattern in ecommerce revenue? Like months that bring more than other months.
Thanks

Chris
09-29-2004, 07:20 AM
Absolutely.

Back to School time is huge for electronics/clothing/office supplies.

Christmas time is huge for everything.

I think I read somewhere that most retailers see 80% of their business during the Christmas season.

nohaber
09-29-2004, 08:07 AM
What about software/fitness products? Anyone with experience?

Chris
09-29-2004, 09:00 AM
January. Losing weight or getting in shape is the #1 news years resolution every year.

chromate
09-29-2004, 09:24 AM
I'm working hard to get an ecommerce store up and running before November. I don't think I'm gonna be able to do it though. I've been dedicating a lot of time to it over the last couple of months. Almost all of this time has been in communications with suppliers. All I can say is - BL**DY suppliers! Grr. :mad: If you're not already set up with an existing store, they just don't want to be bothered with you even if you are wanting to spend a few thousand to buy products in bulk. Though, I've been pursuing branded products and I think that's where the problem lies. They want to make sure nothing is going to reflect badly on the brand, which is fair enough. Makes it almost impossible trying to start out though. :(

nohaber
09-29-2004, 09:36 AM
January. Losing weight or getting in shape is the #1 news years resolution every year. I really hope that Dec/Jan would be great months because Jan/Feb is the time to pay taxes here in Bulgaria.

chromate
09-29-2004, 12:42 PM
Don't you put aside money for tax as you go along? That's what I do, so no big shocks (I hope) when it comes to pay up.

moonshield
09-29-2004, 12:53 PM
Saving money for taxes... that is what i would do if i had any money :)