PDA

View Full Version : Is it necessary to use Robots.txt file?

newsheadlines
02-09-2018, 03:54 AM
Hello friends- Is it necessary to use Robots.txt file? It can be affect on website ranking in search engine.

damponting44
02-09-2018, 05:21 AM
Yes, because It is a text file webmasters create to instruct robots (typically search engine robots) on how to crawl & index pages on their website.

John-Smith
02-09-2018, 10:34 PM
Do you know the use of Robots.txt file?
It is a file by which you can give instructions to SE crawlers that which webpages of website are to index and which not to index.
so Yes, it is an important part of SEO and you should not skip it.

Nas
02-11-2018, 10:22 PM
Agreed with John-Smith.
Robots.txt file contains instructions which are required. if you don't upload a robots.txt file, Crawler will index all the web pages of your website each time. So You should add robots.txt File.

hubjohn
02-12-2018, 04:56 AM
Robots.txt is a text file webmasters create to instruct web robots (typically search engine robots) how to crawl pages on their website.

John-Smith
02-13-2018, 12:00 AM
I hope your doubt is cleared with the above answers.
in case you have any doubt left, ask it.! :)

Hello friends- Is it necessary to use Robots.txt file? It can be affect on website ranking in search engine.

RH-Calvin
02-20-2018, 06:31 AM
Yes robots.txt is necessary for your website. Robots.txt is a text file that lists webpages which contain instructions for search engines robots. The file lists webpages that are allowed and disallowed from search engine crawling.

evejones
02-20-2018, 09:40 PM

A person associated with SEO knows the value of robots.txt file and I'm sure you dont know about SEO at all.

naksh
02-21-2018, 01:57 AM

Tell me what you already know about robots.txt?