PDA

View Full Version : So many chinese sites...

incka
09-13-2004, 12:31 PM
http://www.alexa.com/site/ds/top_sites?ts_mode=global&lang=none

A bit scary... I'm thinking of making chinese versions of my sites...

Mike
09-13-2004, 12:46 PM
China is a big country though :)

incka
09-13-2004, 01:16 PM
1.??? billion. Although it is also a poor country and communist (although business is booming, which I don't understand, how can you be communist and have capitalism going on like crazy?)...

India will catch up and over take within next 50 years.

The New Guy
09-13-2004, 01:56 PM
That isnt all chinese, some is japanese and korean.

incka
09-13-2004, 02:06 PM
Um, well, Um, similar characters, similar geographical area, easy mistake...

ozgression
09-13-2004, 05:21 PM
China is not a poor country. I have a friend who is on a working holiday in China and is living Beijing and she said that it is the most advanced, futuristic city in the world. Also, remember, now that Hong Kong is part of China. Hong Kong is also one of the most hi-tech cities in the world. The Chinese cities are certainly not third world.

Naturally, when you have a population of more than 1.3 billion, some of them are going to be poor. The country is big, geographically, also (even bigger than Australia :P). So there are areas (eg. Tibet) which probably don't even have electricity yet.

China's economy is booming, but so is China related credit card fraud. So it would be a risk targeting this market (and also hard to find paying advertisers?).
________
Ford FN platform picture (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_FN_platform)

intelliot
09-13-2004, 08:29 PM
China is no longer really communist; that sort of system can't function in today's world. Also, it's definitely not poor; there are tremendous business opportunities. Some people are poor, some are rich (enough).

MarkB
09-13-2004, 10:34 PM
Oz, there are many advertisers wanting to break into the Chinese audience - I remember one site (I think it was targetted towards Taiwan, but with Chinese members also) that had buying offers for over 1/4 million from some hi-tech company, just to get into the market - and it was 'only' a teen/dating/chat site.