PDA

View Full Version : Confirmation Pages

mobilebadboy
08-28-2004, 11:27 PM
If this has been addressed, I missed it, but I was just curious if anyone has tried and had success with advertising on a confirmation page, whether it be signing up for a newsletter, email confirmation, or anything else.

If so, what's the confirmation page for (newsletter, email confirmation, etc) and how are you targeting the ads.

chrispian
08-29-2004, 09:00 AM
I get most of my newsletter sign ups on my confirmation page. It's for user sign ups when they want to participate in my sites. Also, on my forums I have an "introduce yourself" link on the confirmation page and email and get really good results on it.

When users submit a new story or poem to lit.org, I also have a confirmation page that explains our review process and then a link back to the site. Before that we were getting tons of emails asking when will their story appear, etc. Now I don't get any. Most of this is usability stuff, but I think confirmation pages are a great place for certain things. I would think that they would be a great place to advertise related sites on the same topic, or other pages on your site.