PDA

View Full Version : Buyers Beware!! Mydomain.com, Namesdirect.com

josgraha
08-25-2004, 11:14 AM
I would advise anyone who is about to register a domain to read the TERMS of SERVICE, Acceptable Use Policy or any relevant agreements that you might be implicitly agreeing to. If you think you are saving those pennies by going with inexpensive registrars such as mydomain, namesdirect or any other inexpensive registrar, think again. You may be subjecting yourself to an agreement that puts your registrar in total control of domains you are paying for and your service may be revoked, modified or suspended at any time without notice for any reason. Why is this relevant? It is relevant in any of the following situations:

* Soliciting your business on the internet by what you may consider "fair" and "reasonable", you may be giving your registrar authority to govern how you solicit your business.

* You are engaged in business with another entity and a dispute arises, how will the dispute be resolved and who is in ultimate control of your domain? You may be agreeing to giving your registrar ultimate authority over your domain.

* Adult or controversial content is posted on your domains, your registrar may dicate what "type" of content is associated with your domain.

This is just to name a few circumstances but does not even touch broad-sweeping suspension or termination clauses you may be agreeing to. That is you may be agreeing to having your service modified, suspended or removed at any time for *any* reason. Please read the fine print carefully and beware of excessive disclaimer or highly generalized agreements.

Below is a link to the mydomain.com terms of service.
http://www.mydomain.com/help_terms.php

lz83ny
08-25-2004, 02:30 PM
So what registrars do you recommend? I would like to register a domain but don't want to spend much. What registrars are you using?

r2d2
08-25-2004, 03:08 PM
Quite a few people here use use godaddy.com . I do, they are cheap and I like the interface.

ozgression
08-25-2004, 07:40 PM
I use namecheap.com
________
buy extreme vaporizer (http://www.vaporshop.com/extreme-q-vaporizer.html)

thebillionaire
08-25-2004, 07:41 PM
godaddy and names4ever

intelliot
08-25-2004, 08:45 PM
domainsite, they take paypal which makes it easy to use up my balance... lol.