PDA

View Full Version : Multiple results in SE's for one site

Jaffro
08-25-2004, 10:17 AM
I was just wondering how people go about doing this? If there's something that you can do to make your site friendly to 'double listing' in the se results.

For example Chromate's Carbohydrate Counter site has first and second spot that must help swing the visitors his way a fair bit. Although the page google chooses to put in is his links page ?!

So basically i'm looking for any information. But hoping to find out - does this happen often? is there anything you can do to promote it / anything you can do that stop's it occuring?

Knowing why google does this would be a great advantage i believe. What i'd like to do is make a 'master site' and then use its subpages as highly key phrase targeted pages to get me into other search terms.

For example take my msn emotions site and have a page for 'msn display pictures' and another for 'emotions for msn' etc etc that get into their respective search terms. If there is a key to properly using subpages then it could be applied into so many 'topic area' sites which span several highly popular search terms.

Dan Morgan
08-25-2004, 12:36 PM
I have the same thing occuring for my site, although I have no idea why and nobody here seems to either -> http://www.websitepublisher.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1773

chromate
08-25-2004, 12:58 PM
I think the general idea is you have to have similar content, in terms of keywords, on sub pages of the main page that has the listing. Though, obviously it doesn't always work out.

Jaffro
08-25-2004, 04:33 PM
Chro, if that were the case would you not get more sites with double listing?

there must be some sort of pattern to it, as to why it happens with some sites but not others? maybe a pr thing? maybe a backlink thing to the particular page?