PDA

View Full Version : How to fix broken Links..?

rehanamalik
09-16-2017, 12:18 AM
Hello friends,

How to fix broken Links..?

Nas
09-17-2017, 10:25 PM
Here is how you can fix broken links: http://seopressor.com/blog/how-to-fix-broken-links-to-improve-seo/

gurunath
09-17-2017, 10:35 PM
USe google disavow tool to fix broken links

virginoilseom
09-18-2017, 03:00 AM
Webmastertools will show you 404 errors

Turning on the JOOMLA redirect plugin will collect the same. You can FIX errors that you have created on your site. (there could be a few i do it all the time).

you can divert inbound links to a page of your choice.

Other stuff..

looking for pages with high bounce rates on analytics will find other errors that are not broken links but more like server errors.

I did use a plugin that finds server errors but removed that as it clashed with other plugins on my site... I am looking for the plugin and will post it.

RH-Calvin
09-21-2017, 09:34 PM
The best way to fix broken links is to apply 301 redirection. 301 redirect is the most efficient and Search Engine Friendly method for webpage redirection. It's not that hard to implement and it should preserve your search engine rankings for that particular page. If you have to change file names or move pages around, it's the safest option. The code "301" is interpreted as "moved permanently".

simon56
10-09-2017, 12:10 AM
Google search console are best way to fix bad or broken links.

sulbha
10-09-2017, 02:15 AM
Remember that redirecting and fixing broken links is an ongoing process. For the average website, once per month is an appropriate cycle. Another free tool we recommend is Xenu Link Sleuth. After you've installed the Xenu software and opened the tool, go to File – Check URL, and enter your website's domain.

damponting44
01-01-2018, 11:50 PM
These links can result in a big harm to your website. Think what will happen if a user, or a potential customer, clicks on a link and finds nothing on linked webpage? They are going to bounce back for sure.

sireesha22
01-02-2018, 01:12 AM
To find broken we use broken link checker by using that we can identify easily and we can fix and there are many ways to fix the broken links like redirecting, Xenu , Google Analytics you can find the better way.