PDA

View Full Version : defaults

eMEraLdwPn
08-20-2004, 06:36 PM
how do you set up defaults for ads? i'm guessing the reason i'm missing about 1/3 my impressions from fastclick is because they can't find an ad to serve, so i want to set up some defaults - but i'm not entirely sure what a default is. so if someone could explain that to me, that would be cool =)

intelliot
08-20-2004, 11:10 PM
I would think Fastclick answers this somewhere (though I'm not certain), but default ads are ones that you choose and are shown whenever Fastclick doesn't have an ad to show. Most networks show their own non-paying defaults in this case, but you can chain to another network. For example, you can set Azoogleads as your Fastclick default so when Fastclick doesn't have an ad to show you still earn.

Note that it doesn't have to be another network, you could also make it blank or put up your own ad for one of your other sites or something.

eMEraLdwPn
08-21-2004, 01:30 AM
okay, i thought it was something like that... just wasn't entirely sure where the other ads came from, didn't realize i had to register with another advertising company =).. thanks

michael_gersitz
08-21-2004, 07:24 AM
You do not have too. You can set up a image and a link as your default if you like.

eMEraLdwPn
08-26-2004, 12:48 PM
hmm.. i reapplied to azoogle ads like 3 days ago... and surprisingly enough, today i was accepted for my application that i submitted over a month ago... (wtf?).. anyway, i have a fastclick (468x60) banner and google adsense (728x90)... i was able to set up bluetime as a default for google rather easily, but i couldn't figure out how to do it for fastclick. also, would i be allowed to set it up as a default for both advertisers? since there is a chance that both could use default on the same page, and then show two banners at once... even though they'd be different sizes..

intelliot
08-26-2004, 08:45 PM
Azoogleads promises to fill 100% inventory so you can use it at the end of the line without worry of not showing an ad.

eMEraLdwPn
08-26-2004, 10:46 PM
i think you misunderstood me (or i'm misunderstanding you :P)
i wanted to setup azoogle as default for both adsense and fastclick. the problem is if both adsense and fastclick have no ad to serve on that specific page, then i'd display 2 azoogle ads on the same page, which is against their TOS i believe...

intelliot
08-27-2004, 12:18 AM
right, you'd have to find something different for one of them.

incka
08-27-2004, 02:44 AM
My Recommendation:

Make google ad a 160x600 instead, and make fastclick a leaderboard campaign.

Then you can use azoogle for defaults for both.

eMEraLdwPn
08-27-2004, 03:12 AM
i had googleads as a 160x600 at one point, and it performed at less than 1/2 of what it's performing at now. i guess i'll just have to figure out whether i make more using it as a default for fastclick or for google... how do i set it up as a default for fastclick btw? i couldn't figure it out

incka
08-27-2004, 07:02 AM
This will require a bit of work...

Get your bluetime code.

Go to popunder in fastclick.

Click add default.

Paste code into make into javascript.

Follow it's insructions and uplaod to server.

Go to leaderboards on fastclick.

Add default.

Put the URL of the JS on your server into the rich media box.

eMEraLdwPn
08-27-2004, 12:35 PM
alright, think i got it set up.. wasn't as hard as it looked =).. thanks

Emancipator
09-20-2004, 05:27 PM
great thread, i just saw this and did something similar on my site. Thanks!