PDA

View Full Version : Stuck On Promoting A New Site

cameron
08-18-2004, 09:58 PM
First off, I'm looking at doing free promotion at the moment.
Anyway, in the past I've always just traded links and submitted to search engines, but with my new site, http://www.mosquito-trap-reviews.org , I'm having trouble finding any sites trade or request links from. I submitted to a DMOZ category with no editor, and I don't know if I'll in there anytime soon. Anyone have any ideas for what I can do to promote this site? Any related topics that I might not have thought of?

In the meantime I'll keep searching for potential link backs, because I'm sure there must be a couple out there.

intelliot
08-18-2004, 11:03 PM
Interesting site, kind of plain and no ads or affiliate links in sight. Anyway, I would recommend giving it sitewide links from your other sites as well as getting other link partners.

cameron
08-19-2004, 01:55 AM
Thanks for the comments. Pushed me enough to go and spruce up the design a bit, which I did feel was lacking, but didn't want to put the time into.

Mike
08-22-2004, 02:52 AM
Why don't you try to be the editor for dmoz?

cameron
08-23-2004, 12:06 PM
I think I'm going to try that. I already edit two other categories that I have sites in, so I'll probably get accepted.

incka
08-23-2004, 12:15 PM
Camping sites. Outdoors sites. I'm sure they are related enough to do link exchanges.

cameron
08-31-2004, 12:10 PM
I'm in as editor for my category in DMOZ. Lots of work left there for me. There are submissions still sitting there from as far back as 2002. It's worth it to spend the time on this though, I think.