PDA

View Full Version : Income maximization

paul
08-17-2004, 05:53 PM
I have a page on my website (http://www.mobilehomedoctor.com/complain.htm) on which Google only seems to serve public service ads. I guess "complaints" is not a popular term with advertisers :)

This page is a direct link off my PR6 home page and is PR6 itself. On a Google search of the term "effective complaining" w/o the quotes, it comes up number 14. Of the last 59,121 page views on the site, 648 were for this page. Visitors to the site are mobile home owners/tenants looking for answers to repair problems. For the most part they are not very computer literate.

Since my visitors seldom look at it anyhow, this page seems like a prime candidate for creating income from sources other than my normal visitors.

I would appreciate any advice about the pros/cons of using other methods of income generation in this situation.

mobilebadboy
08-17-2004, 06:18 PM
Well, as far as Adsense, you could probably get paid ads to kick in by some simple changes. Mobile Home is only mentioned once at the very top of the page. If you stuck it in once or twice in the text, and maybe tie mobile home(s) in with the link directly above the ads, that may (or may not) be enough to kick them in.

To: Effective complaining about mobile home problems requires knowledge.

To: then go to the mobile home 'Setup' section

To: Some mobile home manufacturers know they have problems

Then with the Warranties link above the ads, change it to Mobile Home Warranties. Or create a sentence out of it. "For more information on mobile home warranties, please visit the 'Warranties' section of this site.

Just a thought. :)

paul
08-17-2004, 06:40 PM
Done. Thanks very much. Now I need to apply the same fixes to the rest of my pages and maybe I could bump the competition out of his #1 position :)

intelliot
08-17-2004, 09:40 PM
You could also try some other advertising networks; Azoogleads for example.