PDA

View Full Version : One Site...

Mike
08-15-2004, 04:06 AM
Hi all,

I've got to that stage where all of my sites are getting good traffic, or good traffic for me anyway. That is, all apart from one. MyConference Calls (http://www.conference-calls.biz) site is struggling to get 5 uniques a day, which I find strange considering a site I opened a few days ago is getting 40-50 uniques already. It's been up months, and just isn't performing.

So, what should I do? Has anyone got any ideas on how to get more traffic to a site like that?

Should I stop trying with the site and just sell it for $75?

Or should I just do what I'm doing now, nothing - and hope that the search engines will be a bit kinder in a few months?

Views?

Mike

chromate
08-15-2004, 04:50 AM
I wouldn't sell it. Get it to a good PR6 and take it from there. I think it would be pretty profitable if you got a good SERPs placement. Just needs more PR I think.

Mike
08-15-2004, 05:33 AM
Yea, if I could just get 100-200 uniques a day I think it could make quite a bit, but at the moment it's nowhere to be seen in the serps. I've been told that there is a "new site" filter, so it could be that.

Also, I'm not sure if I could get a PR6, how did you get yours for your dating site?

Thanks for the reply :)

chromate
08-15-2004, 05:42 AM
I just got loads of good backlinks. But in particular I got a good DMOZ listing which, in addition to the other backlinks I had, got the site to a PR6. That was when DMOZ had that month of high PR, so knowing that I would likely drop back down to a PR5 I quickly got as many front page link exchanges with other well ranked dating sites. There's a kind of pool of PR flowing around our sites. I was lucky to get in on that. Having said that, my south beach diet site is a PR6 and the aloe vera site used to be PR6. So it can be done just by sourcing good backlinks.

Mike
08-15-2004, 05:47 AM
Yea, that's a good thing about being in the dating market, there's lots of sites about it :)

There's only two sites that I know of on conference call information. There's lots of companies offering services, but generally none of them do link exchanges.

incka
08-15-2004, 07:14 AM
Exchange with other telecommunication and business sites. They might not be 100% related, but the traffic going to them is likely to be interested in your site. I'll even link exchange with your site from my cell phone reviews and pda reviews site. I think their are going to be people visiting my sites interested in your site.

michael_gersitz
08-15-2004, 07:47 AM
Exchange with other telecommunication and business sites. They might not be 100% related, but the traffic going to them is likely to be interested in your site. I'll even link exchange with your site from my cell phone reviews and pda reviews site. I think their are going to be people visiting my sites interested in your site.

If that doesn't work out, link it from your own sites... alot.

intelliot
08-15-2004, 02:33 PM
a site I opened a few days ago is getting 40-50 uniques already.
That much traffic from SEs that quickly? how did you do it?:)

cameron
08-15-2004, 08:45 PM
A link in your signature might help.