PDA

View Full Version : New to publisher advertising - HELP!

ChrisF
08-30-2003, 01:46 PM
I have a website that I’ve been running since ’99. The site gets a decent amount of traffic. (About 6000 sessions last month – is that good?) I'd really like to turn my website into a source of income, if at all possible. But, I really haven't a clue how to do it.

My site is primarily entertainment. I host short stories written by both published and novice writers. I do sell stuff, but nobody buys. I do have affiliates, but again, nobody buys.

Can I turn my website into a meager source of income? Am I wasting my time or is it doable? Where should I start?

I joined a banner exchange, but it seems like a waste of time. (Not driving any traffic to my site.) I just started submitting to search engines. I’ve looked into advertising with pay per click, but they all have unique hit limits that I’m not reaching.

Little help?

Thanks
(www.distantworlds.net)

Mike
08-30-2003, 02:30 PM
I think you could make quite a bit of money with the site you have, if you try to follow the guides here.

Chris
08-30-2003, 02:47 PM
I would remove the adult looking advertisements -- you'll turn off alot of directory editors, webmasters wanting to link to you, and other advertisers by having them there.

Then I'd work on search engine optimization and backward link building.

Once you get more traffic (knowing your total page views would help -- but I'd guess you need like 5x your current amount if you want a monthly check) you can start worrying about advertising and affiliate programs.

snoopers
09-26-2003, 06:39 PM
By 6000 "sessions" to you mean visits? That is only 200 visits per day, so I don't think you will be able to make much money.