PDA

View Full Version : Inland Revenue

incka
08-05-2004, 02:41 AM
They've put me on PAYE when I wanted end-of-year-accounts.

I hate them. They can't do anything right.

AndyH
08-05-2004, 08:10 AM
I believe I will be on that also.

I don't really mind I guess ...

Off topic: You are under 18 correct? Then how can you be Managing Director?

chromate
08-05-2004, 10:14 AM
Incka, that's probably because you're considered an employee of your own company. Your annual accounts will be used to work out your corporation tax etc. Your company will also need to pay National Insurance contributions for your employees (ie, you). That will also be annually. I don't think you have pay any personal NI contributions because of your age, though I may be wrong.

I'm registered as self employed and just filed a tax return online (couple of days ago) without any problems.

incka
08-06-2004, 09:44 AM
Got it sorted now.

I'm not planning on paying myself anything, while I've been registered as a company I've spent less than £50 on myself, and that came from Christmas money. I spend all the money the company earns on company stuff.

So now they have altered it so it is not employing anyone but still does business.

Well they didn't, I got pushed from call center to call center until someone finally knew how to do it.

AndyH, you can be a director of a company in England, Northern Ireland and Wales if you are over 5, in Scotland it's 16. I don't know about Australia.

Blue Cat Buxton
08-07-2004, 08:23 AM
I'm not planning on paying myself anything

If I were you I'd speak with the management and negotiate a better deal :D