PDA

View Full Version : my newest site: www.filleritem.com

kdb003
08-04-2004, 11:24 AM
I'm trying to get an impression as to what people think of my newest site http://www.filleritem.com/.

Does it have the potential for profit?

Chris
08-04-2004, 01:30 PM
Nifty idea, truly. However I think you need to explain more what it does on the homepage. It took me awhile to figure it out.

I also know than Amazon sells some things that are less than $0.99, which is the cheapest you list.

intelliot
08-04-2004, 01:49 PM
I think it's a very small niche... me for example, I always add enough items to meet amazon's 'free shipping' requirement but I never use 'fillers'.

kdb003
08-04-2004, 03:32 PM
Nifty idea, truly. However I think you need to explain more what it does on the homepage. It took me awhile to figure it out.

I also know than Amazon sells some things that are less than $0.99, which is the cheapest you list.

yes i know, but i cant put all of amazon's items in my database
i just need to find the nodes where the cheapest items are

i will add some more on what the site does

ozgression
08-04-2004, 05:45 PM
Interesting idea. It would take alot of traffic to profit as your commission on each item will be very small, but it is a niche.
________
Mercedes-Benz Museum (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_Museum)

cameron
08-04-2004, 10:06 PM
I agree with Chris about putting more of an explanation on the main page. I didn't get the point until reading some of the other posts in this thread.

chromate
08-05-2004, 01:32 AM
That is a fantastic idea. But I agree with everyone else... you need to make it more obvious on your front page what the site is about. You should give some examples that show how it can save you money. I really like it.

I would work a bit on the search results as well. It would be better to have the results listed under category headings.

Another idea is to have a small bar (a bit like the page rank bar) which shows how much the item would "fill" what's needed to achieve the free shipping target.

kdb003
08-11-2004, 01:11 AM
I've sorted out a few things.(but there is still more to sort out)

Now there are very prominent show by example instructions on how to use the site.
I also added some nodes so that I have products under $.99. The main problem with the cheapest items is that they are out of stock or discontinued.

edit:I also made it display 250 results instead of 50