PDA

View Full Version : Book Reviews Review

incka
08-03-2004, 10:25 AM
http://www.book-reviews.ws/

I've been doing little bits to the site for ages and ages, but it's only today I got the bulk of it done. Thanks for everyones help with the AWS and non-graphic menu script.

Any reviews?

Chris
08-03-2004, 10:28 AM
Nice design

incka
08-03-2004, 10:33 AM
Thanks, although it was a heavy-edited template, like your jewelry site.

MarkB
08-03-2004, 10:45 AM
"OUR RECOMMENDs"? Also, "BEST SELLER" should, IMO, be "BEST SELLERS"...

The featured reviews do not link to the products :)

Dan Morgan
08-03-2004, 10:51 AM
To follow Mark up:

"therefore you will get an unbiased resultd" on the about us page.

The site comes together well though although the "Friends of Book Reviews .ws" section has its links fuzzy and unreadable in Firefox 0.9.1

Thanks

Dan :)

r2d2
08-03-2004, 10:52 AM
Looks good, very good, professional. Same comments as Mark though, and the newsletter thing is a little unclear, brings up a "Incka newsletter admin" password dialog for me!

Edit: Its sometimes fuzzy for me too in Ff 0.9.2

MarkB
08-03-2004, 11:03 AM
Why not replace the 'Friends of Book Reviews' box with a box containing the latest threads from your Lit Forums? And then promote Book Reviews as a retailer across Lit Forums (be it a banner, top10 books, or whatever). Cross-polination ;) (Pollination?:p)

Also, not to be harsh, but your About Us page and FAQ page... the way the info there is written is unprofessional, and seems like you didn't care enough to bother putting time into it...

incka
08-03-2004, 11:57 AM
I think I should update my about and FAQ pages.

Good lit-forums idea, I think I'll read some of your community articles afterwards...

I got the best sellers from amazon months ago... I'll re-do it in a second.

incka
08-03-2004, 12:04 PM
You know I can't think what to put in the FAQ and about pages...

incka
08-03-2004, 12:06 PM
Looks good, very good, professional. Same comments as Mark though, and the newsletter thing is a little unclear, brings up a "Incka newsletter admin" password dialog for me!

Edit: Its sometimes fuzzy for me too in Ff 0.9.2

That because my newsletter script told me to password protect my admin folders but it put its images in that folder... I best edit the script...

paul
08-03-2004, 12:27 PM
For the FAQ--- Amazon has become the greatest repository on the planet for reviews of new books. Unfortunately, to reach them, you have to learn to search on Amazon and wade through all the other products and features. From the home page of this website you can be reading reviews of the books of your choice in NO MORE THAN THREE CLICKS.

For the About. Is there a young person in your family, interested in books, with a desire to learn and possibly make some extra money. The web doesn't care how old you are and I know it can be done :) Here is a brief summary of what you might suggest they do ...

Just ideas...

incka
08-03-2004, 12:44 PM
I'm a young person, I'm in my family and I'm interested in books! Thanks alot of that, I'll include it when I open PHPMyAdmin.