PDA

View Full Version : Hostony.com

incka
08-03-2004, 09:21 AM
I've used them sinse december 2003 I think, starting out on a shared hosting package which was very good value and then moving onto a dedicated server, which is expensive compared with others, but as they fully manage the server and fix and problems instantly while other companies do not offer this the $195 a month seems a good rate.

The support is either excellent or rubish. Most of the time it has been excellent but there has been one occasion when I was dealing with people who did not know what they were talking about when they were setting up the server, causing it to be down for half a month, at least my sites were still on shared hosting at the time so no revenue was lost.

I feel no need to move from them, and if I need a second dedicated server I would probably buy it from them again.

Severe
02-27-2007, 03:29 PM
Wow... The shared plan looks like a great deal. 3 TB bandwidth is amazing... then plus all of it's other features! Thank you!

rpanella
02-27-2007, 07:59 PM
Just so you know this thread is 2.5 years old. A lot can change at a hosting company in that time.
________
TOYOTA 7M-GE HISTORY (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_7M-GE)

Severe
02-27-2007, 09:26 PM
Thanks for pointing that out. I have ready through the problems users are having in the forums and decided not to order hosting through them.

Generalissimo
02-27-2007, 09:56 PM
I (I was incka) changed from them to The Planet and have some shared hosting on GoDaddy (which is give or take, depending on what server your account ends up on).

Severe
02-27-2007, 10:13 PM
I have been hearing a lot of good things about hostgator. Have you tried them?

Mike
02-28-2007, 03:55 AM
Just to let people know, Hostony rapidly downhill and I was forced to move as my sites seemed to be doing down everyday.

Thoughtgrid
10-23-2016, 11:56 PM
These is an good offer keep updating the valuable information!!!

BedandBreakfast
10-31-2017, 04:41 AM
Looks pretty average.
Pricing looks fairly cheap - but there are lots cheaper.
The forum has not seen any activity for about 6 years.