PDA

View Full Version : Google just doesn't like me

mobilebadboy
08-03-2004, 06:44 AM
I changed the URLs to my flash tutorials from /flash/path/ to /flash-tutorials/path/ the other day. I was just waiting for Google to come spider my site.

It didn't take long before Google recrawled my entire site, including every tutorial page, but seeing the new changes (http://www.google.com/search?q=inurl:visualintensity.com&filter=0) in the SERPS today Google gave every single tutorial page the Title of the main page of the site. :mad: The Titles are what give me the high results (high 1st page) for alot of searched terms, so Google has effectively killed me with the changes.

Nothing changed but the URLs, so there's no reason for Google not to keep everything else the same, just update the URLs! I just can't catch a break from Google.

mobilebadboy
08-03-2004, 07:20 AM
Haha. Actually it's my own damn fault. :rolleyes:

cameron
08-03-2004, 11:08 AM
Your new urls would have no PR.

mobilebadboy
08-03-2004, 11:10 AM
PR doesn't have one thing to do with this particular situation, which has been resolved.

intelliot
08-03-2004, 05:51 PM
just curious... how did you make the change? did you set up redirects from the old urls?

mobilebadboy
08-03-2004, 05:57 PM
Heh. No I have 1 header file that spans the entire site, and my title tags are setup with PHP, depending on what the URL is, it shows the defined title. I made all the changes in the file when I changed the URLs, but forgot to actually upload the changed header file.

So when Google crawled the site, the PHP never matched any of the new URLs, so it just kept spitting out the default title for every page.