PDA

View Full Version : Anyone working/worked with Overpro?

omaha
08-01-2004, 04:22 AM
Hi peeps:

I already working with Adsense and just heard about Overpro. So my questions are:

1. Do any of you are using or have experience with them? I know that they run pop-ups, pop-unders and ActiveX.

2. Is against AdSense TOS to use an ActiveX thingie? i readed but not sure)

Txs for your replies and glad to be part of this community. :p

incka
08-01-2004, 05:31 AM
I'm a member but I only make money from referrals...

omaha
08-01-2004, 05:43 AM
In other words, you dump the ads because of the ActiveX and kept your affiliation with them just with referrals?, maybe waiting for a change on the style of their ads?

incka
08-01-2004, 09:05 AM
No, I just joined cause a friend was looking Active X and I wanted to make money from referring him.

intelliot
08-01-2004, 01:34 PM
overpro seems to have a reputation as adware: http://www.spywareguide.com/product_show.php?id=757

incka
08-01-2004, 01:53 PM
It is adware.

intelliot
08-01-2004, 03:31 PM
it is targetted by spyware removers, so i'd avoid it.

omaha
08-01-2004, 03:56 PM
Thanks for ur comments. And what you said intelliot is true, so i guess ill be away from them because i dont want to have less chances to make profits. Like pop-ups or pop-unders: evryday a new tool is out to block them so the dead of those types of ads is closer.

Really helpful posts peeps. TXs again.

kingsimon999
08-03-2004, 05:53 AM
I used to use Overpro and still do for www.Playstation3extreme.com . The active x can be very annoying and drive visitors away from your site. The upside is that they pay well.
Overpro are not the best paying company though - I would reccomend www.addictivetechnologies.com They pay $0.20 for each install or $0.25 for exclusive affiliates. They have a very helpful support team on Yahoo messenger.

When asking the addictive technologies what I was actually advertising they did not give a clear answer and will not admit that they are installing spyware. I use Addictivetechnologies for both www.cheatextreme.com and www.colossalcheats.com

I am gettin my money from these type of companies before they are blocked by anti adware companies.

Also if u do sign up for Addictive technologies could you please state the reffering URL as www.cheatextreme.com - Thanks