PDA

View Full Version : AWS PHP Script with Caching?

intelliot
07-22-2004, 10:30 PM
Hi,

I'm looking for a clean, well-written PHP script that uses AWS and features caching (so it responds to requests fast and still works if Amazon is down).

I'm already looking at the ThinkBling one. Do any others exist?

Thanks! :)

chrispian
07-22-2004, 11:14 PM
Indeed. Look here (http://www.websitepublisher.net/article/aws-php/). Dan's tutorial is great and includes caching.

intelliot
07-23-2004, 10:08 AM
It looks like more of a tutorial without actual implementation. Caching is handled by other PHP caching scripts.

Mike
07-23-2004, 10:59 AM
http://www.markbridgeman.com/articles/jpcache-howto-tutorial.html

Great tutorial from Mark :)

chrispian
07-23-2004, 01:31 PM
It looks like more of a tutorial without actual implementation. Caching is handled by other PHP caching scripts.

Might want to read more then, the actual files are available for download at the end, and the caching is handled by Pear's Cache Lite. No need to reinvent the wheel when someone has already built an awesome cache module.

It should only take you about 30 minutes to get a complete aws site up with the info provided by Dan, not only that, you'll have more control over how things work.

intelliot
07-23-2004, 06:13 PM
Excellent, thanks! Now I'm kind of split between whether I should add-on to Dan's or ThinkBling's. but I'll try both and see where they take me :)

chrispian
07-23-2004, 10:32 PM
Yeah, I looked at ThinkBlings and it really looks like a pretty good script. For me it came down to wanting to learn more about how the AWS system worked so I chose Dan's tutorial and modified it some for my own needs. Think's script is certainly a bit more "ready" to go. I haven't used Think's script before, so if you use it post how it goes.

Emancipator
08-11-2004, 09:23 AM
I gotta say AWS is the coolest thing since sliced bread. I hacked it up for my site and am very pleased with it. Just going through the reading on how to make it CACHE the data using Lite.php.

Good job guys... im a fan.