PDA

View Full Version : Open My Document Folder, disappears within a second

iKwak
07-20-2004, 11:59 PM
Windows Updated and all Patch installed

Starting today, when I open My Documents, within seconds, the document folder disappears and the bottom panel where it has the green start button, it disappears also for good 4 seconds.

Then the bottom panel reappears and the My Documents folder is closed. I try reopening and does the same thing. I checked for adwares and viruses but none to be found.
This is really puzzling me and very annoying.

Any solutions you may know? Thank you in advance.

iKwak
07-21-2004, 12:02 AM
I got a response from another board and he told me to right click and choose manage. Under Event Viewer, check Application and choose one of the Information. This is what it says:

The shell has stopped unexpectedly and Explorer.exe was restarted.
For more information, see Help and Support

Details
Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 1002
Source: Winlogon
Version: 5.0
Component: Application Event Log
Symbolic Name: EVENT_SHELL_RESTARTED
Message: The shell stopped unexpectedly and %1 was restarted.

Explanation
The shell was stopped and then restarted. By default, the shell is explorer.exe; however, you might have a customized shell.

User Action
No user action is required.

Hmm...what should I do now? :confused:

r2d2
07-21-2004, 12:37 AM
That sounds pretty serious, maybe try a registry cleaner thing or something?

I think I would do a reboot, and see if it happens again, then probably do a reinstall if it did - always useful to have an image of a good install so you can have a clean installl in no time.

Give www.hardocp.com forums a try, you will get an informed answer, and probably someone with the same experience, theres loads of computer boffins there, rather than web developers..