PDA

View Full Version : Review my new site

nohaber
07-18-2004, 10:03 AM
I've just launched a new site: My Search Engine Optimization Guide (http://www.seoguide.org)
I decided to play it gradually. Start with a few articles, and build content slowly.

I would welcome all comments and suggestions (design, seo etc.)

r2d2
07-18-2004, 10:13 AM
I would welcome all comments and suggestions (design, seo etc.)

Oh the irony :)

Nice domain, but I dont think you need the info about you on the homepage though, Ive come to find info on SEO, I dont need to know about you (no offence or anything, just you dont see many big sites with personal info on the author).

Theres also a site review section on the forum.

Mike
07-18-2004, 11:12 AM
Nice design that :)

As r2d2 says, you don't need the information about you. Have a "latest article" feature there instead or something.

chrispian
07-18-2004, 11:26 AM
I disagree a little. Maybe move the info about you to a less prominent placement, but I think giving info about you establishes you as a real person with expertise in your field.

Mike
07-18-2004, 12:04 PM
Yes, but having it as the first thing you see isn't good imho.

nohaber
07-18-2004, 12:41 PM
10x for the input. I tried moving my handsome picture to the bottom, but somehow the design doesn't fit with me. I guess I'll have to wait till some posts are made (the recent forum threads will occupy more space) and then move my info to the bottom which should look ok.

Mike
07-18-2004, 12:57 PM
Couldn't you try swapping the bio on you and the new article feature bit around? Perhaps have a blurb for each article?

chrispian
07-18-2004, 02:02 PM
Yes, but having it as the first thing you see isn't good imho.

Totally agree.

nohaber
07-19-2004, 07:49 AM
Point taken. Moved the bio to the bottom. Thanks for letting me know you don't want to see my face uptop :rolleyes:

chrispian
07-19-2004, 08:02 AM
I like the way it turned out. I like the about the author box, but like the others here, just didn't feel like it should be the in the most important position on the page. I think it's a great thing to have. Like I said, it lets your readers know you, know your real and helps establish you as a pro. I think your site is looking pretty good.