PDA

View Full Version : How did you find your host?

Helen
07-13-2004, 08:08 AM
Are you happy with your host?
Let's share experience in choosing web-hosting company.
Tell about how and where did you do your search an why did you fix your choice just upon your host.

MarkB
07-13-2004, 08:42 AM
I always find my hosts at webhostingtalk.com - chose my current one because they were prompt with initial email responses, and within my budget.

Mike
07-13-2004, 09:22 AM
Found Hostony here :)

cameron
07-13-2004, 09:28 AM
I found my current host at webhostingtalk.com as well.

shim
07-13-2004, 07:54 PM
I my previous hosting company got bought out. After that, the customer service and uptime really declined.

I searched google, sitepoint, here, and a few other places for some suggestions. My host was having so much unexplained downtime, so I was going to try ?p4hosting? or something like that. I went to webhostingtalk to check them out and found some comments posted by the owner and that turned me off to p4.

Anyway, I went to a hosting review site and after much prayer:o, decided to try totalchoicehosting.com

I've been with them a couple of months and they are great. The tech support is SO fast and they have a large forum community of people who are very friendly and helpful. 'RTFM' is not in their vocabulary.:p Their prices are awesome, too.

Helen
07-14-2004, 12:42 AM
Anyway, I went to a hosting review site and after much prayer:o, decided to try totalchoicehosting.com

What advantages did they have over others?
:rolleyes:

paul
07-14-2004, 05:02 AM
I won an Ebay auction for my hosts services in 1999 when they were just getting started. I was their first re-seller customer a few months later. They survived their explosive growth phase and have been very good to work with.

Not an approach I would suggest these days... :)

2003m2003
08-19-2004, 11:21 AM
I also sugest go to webhostingtalk.com and do a search and then make a post about others experience.

James
08-19-2004, 05:06 PM
I went to about 15 hosting review companies and landed on Dr2.net as having really great support.