PDA

View Full Version : PR Deal - Help Me with Page Rank and I help you with Public Relations

pulsetoday
07-12-2004, 05:50 AM
I have posted this thread at various other forums also , if you replied to it at any of the other ones then you may not want to reply here . I know , even I hate typing the same stuff again and again.

I have a few questions -

1. Articles - I am targeting quite some segments on my site , I can't even narrow it down because I am targetting advertising indstry which includes a lot of people ( Copywriters , Graphic Designer, Ad Agencies , Photoraphers , Models etc. etc. ) . So the only way that I can get high ranking on segments is by mini-sites for that segment.

Okay - Here's the question , Should i keep my articles on a subdomain like - articles.pulsetoday.com/xyz or pulsetoday.com/articles/xyz. Or should I create special sites for each segment , get high ranking on it and redirect traffic to main site! Like , would it anyway affect my ranking ?

2. Redirects - This was a problem in vBulletin . Description of forum cannot exceed 250 characters , and that includes html codes too. So as to fit my subforum names I did something like this - I creats directories like Pulsetoday.com/1 and in the index file , I did a meta refresh. Here's the question - How harmful is it for SEO ? Is there a better way for it that you can suggest.

3. TLDs - I know it does not matter much for .com and .net as I have seen both in number 1 spots. But if I am to create a nitch specific sub-site ( nitch specific I may afford domains in .com and .net arena) , and I use free TLDs like .uni.cc or .tk or .co.nr . then what would be its affect on my SEO.

If you have come to this point reading my rather lengthy post then thanks for your time. But please do me a small favour , type-in a response to it. And as the deal in the forum title goes , Help me get a Good Page Rank ( and a rank on search engines) then I will certainly help you will your advertising needs on priority basis , here and at my forums. Its a deal.

In fact If you can do another favour , i would really apreciate it . Give me some specific tips to improve my postion by reviewing my site!

Thanks a lot for your time , I really appreciate you taking time to respond to my question.