PDA

View Full Version : The E-Biz Surprise

Chris
05-03-2003, 05:56 AM
http://aol.businessweek.com/magazine/content/03_19/b3832601.htm

"It wasn't all hype. For companies as well as consumers, e-commerce is hotter than ever"

beley
05-04-2003, 07:24 AM
Great article. It's true... e-commerce is making a comeback in a strong way. Our sales have never been higher - we keep growing in this tough economic time. I can't imagine what will come when the economy turns around. It's definately a good time to get in while the big guys are worried and cutting their advertising budgets... :D

Chris
05-04-2003, 07:38 AM
I've always said that ecommerce never died.

The bubble that burst wasn't ecommerce, Amazon and Ebay never faltered. The bubble that burst was for service sites that had no business plan.

Ecommerce has never stopped growing.

johnn
05-07-2003, 01:55 PM
I would like to know any reliable wholesale sources that you know. I may sell something in the future, but not sure what to sell. :D.

BTW, I think this young forums will be successful forums.

Thanks,
John

ozgression
05-15-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by beley
I can't imagine what will come when the economy turns around. It's definately a good time to get in while the big guys are worried and cutting their advertising budgets... :D

Yep. I am preparing for the next boom in the economy. This downturn has bottomed out in my opinion. eCommerce is becoming a mainstream activity and we are set to benefit :)

cheers...
________
Mercedes-Benz M119 engine (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_M119_engine)

incka
08-23-2003, 05:53 AM
It was stupid sites that spend millions on TV ads that failed.

Amazon is in good profits now.

snoopers
12-14-2003, 12:30 AM
InterActiveCorp (Expedia, Match.com, etc.) is a huge corporation.

chromate
12-14-2003, 04:57 PM
I think the bubble did burst. Well and truly, in fact. However, I think it was people's expectations that caused the collapse. Instead of letting ecommerce grow and mature as an industry, people (investors in particular) expected it to be an instant success. So much money was thrown in and the infrastructure just wasn't there to support it. That's when the "bubble" burst and it did take a lot of ecommerce sites with it.

After that, people woke up and their expectations became more realistic. The industry re-built itself in a more considered fashion. It's growing at a considerable rate, but I think we're still a little way off the peak just yet. Conversion rates are still very low comparatively and I think these will increase as people begin to trust buying online.