PDA

View Full Version : Adsense Stats

Mike
07-08-2004, 01:07 PM
I can't seem to see any stats for adsense for the last couple of days, anybody else having the same problem?

Cheers,
Mike

MarkB
07-08-2004, 01:08 PM
The 6th finally tallied for me, but still nowt for the 7th :(

Edit: it's actually showing stats for the 7th now :) (for what it's worth, lol)

mobilebadboy
07-08-2004, 01:37 PM
They've been horribly slow updating for the last few days for me. I have to wait until the afternoon to see updated stats for the previous day.

AdWords is horrible right now too. There's a usually a delay between overall stats, campaign stats and indivudual ad stats being updated, but it's hours and hours for me. And when I go in to look there doesn't seem to be a problem with keywords being marked as "at risk" or "disabled" out of the blue but without updated stats I can't properly correct things!

michael_gersitz
07-08-2004, 02:04 PM
I have had trouble with them for the past couple months...

paul
07-08-2004, 02:51 PM
Notice that your reports now have a column for eCPM. Would getting that into production explain the delays?

r2d2
07-08-2004, 02:55 PM
Seems a few hours slow for me, but I just use basic adsense, no channels...

Just noticed they now show effective CPM :)

In reply to the previous post, I guess it might be, although its fairly simple to calculate, they might have not done updates while they were adding it.

paul
07-08-2004, 04:01 PM
The calculations are simple, but there is nothing simple about making that kind of change to a production environment of the size and complexity Google operates.

r2d2
07-08-2004, 04:27 PM
Nah, I guess this is probably why updates are running a bit behind then..

Mike
07-09-2004, 12:03 AM
Yep, that'll be why :)

chromate
07-09-2004, 03:46 AM
The calculations are simple, but there is nothing simple about making that kind of change to a production environment of the size and complexity Google operates.

If the code is good, and considering it's google I would imagine it would be, then adding something like that should be simple. The size and complexity of the system as a whole is obviously vast. But assuming the code is nice, they're not dealing with the whole google adsense system but rather a smaller module.

I doubt adding the simple eCPM would cause such delays. Not even adding the channels feature caused delays like we're experiencing now.

I'm sure they'll sort it out soon-ish anyway.

ASP-Hosting.ca
07-09-2004, 07:52 AM
I doubt adding the simple eCPM would cause such delays. Not even adding the channels feature caused delays like we're experiencing now.

You are assuming that eCPM column is generated on the fly, which is not likely, because it will impact the reporting server performance.

Most likely they have updated their db structure and calculated eCPM just once.

chromate
07-09-2004, 11:32 AM
I'm not assuming that it would be generated on the fly :) I think you're right, it will be stored in a database.

paul
07-09-2004, 03:52 PM
And making changes to a database like theirs must make for exciting work. Just think, you could add to your resume " I was responsible for writing the code that took Google down for two hours."

john190
07-14-2004, 02:28 PM
My stats where about 2 days behind but now that they have done the eCPM, my stats are now back to normal, which is a relief.

eCommando
08-11-2004, 04:33 PM
My Stats are usually a few hours late. Sometimes the next morning for previous day stats.

John190, I see that you have a directory of PPC programs?
Which ones have the best pay out for publishers?