PDA

View Full Version : Jeopardy

mobilebadboy
07-05-2004, 08:48 PM
Does anyone in the US watch Jeopardy at all? I don't watch it often, but occasionally watch for a little brain stimulation. I like to discover what I really know and don't know.

Anyway, this guy today just won for the 24th straight time. I don't know what he ended up with today (I missed the final question) but coming into today's game he had accumulated $755,000. Going into the final question he had roughly $24,000. The only challenger that faced him in the final round had like $600. (the 3rd was eliminated for being on the negative side at the end of round 2). I'm sure he didn't wager much, but he could have.

So tomorrow he'll be going for his 25th win. I haven't watched every day he's been champion, but I've tried to catch a few of them. He seems to be selective on what he has knowledge of though. I knew several questions he couldn't answer or got wrong today, but he knows alot I don't.

Doug
07-06-2004, 11:16 PM
I watched it today and he won again. It was another situation where he had over 20,000 and the second place had 400. The third place was eliminated due to being in the red. I think his grand total was up to around 788,000 or something like that. This has to be some kind of record or something.

michael_gersitz
07-07-2004, 03:31 PM
I think it is good for the show. THere has been alot of publicity for this show from this guy.

The New Guy
07-15-2004, 07:37 AM
He is over the million dollar mark now. If I were him, I would be bored by now. I mean he has been away from work and his wife and kids for over a month.

MarkB
07-15-2004, 07:54 AM
Are the shows filmed live? I know from the one gameshow I went to see filmed, they did a week's worth of shows in an evening...

Chris
07-15-2004, 11:20 AM
They do that with Jeopardy, 5 shows in one day. But I think they also only film a couple days a month. I remember Pat Sajeck once saying he only works 3 days a month 9 months a year.